1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anybody into RC Helicopters?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Cleanmaxx Brian, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    I don't normally post RC shots here but maybe I will start if you think they are worthy...

It was a very overcast day today. The pilots had a hard time flying as the sky was so gray with a threat of rain at any moment. (Makes it easy to loose your model) No problem slowing down the shutter for prop blur today! Certainly not a good day for pictures!
    EXIF is intact and click on the picture for a sharper version...it gets rid of the jaggies!
    All shot with a D300 and 200-400f4 (hand held...of course!)

This picture is with the TC14EII that a purchased from a member here, THANKS Photobob! And yup...hand held!
    1/200s f/8.0 at 550.0mm iso400
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This pilot is so good! However getting a shot of his models is nearly imposable! To those in the know, all he flys is 3D and the craft will leave the frame instantly!
    original.jpg

And for good measure I will toss in a plane...to see how it landed after going dead stick, you will have to see the rest of the shots from today at: http://www.pbase.com/cleanmaxx_brian/070608

original.jpg

The rest of my Radio Controlled gallery is here:
    http://www.pbase.com/cleanmaxx_brian/rc
    P.S. the Jets are really cool:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2008
  2. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    RC stuff is cool to look at. Do they all smoke that much?

3. Only the helicopters smoke like that. It helps with keeping the engine cool...

4. nalby

nalby Guest

Nice shots I try to fly r/c heli's. they are really hard especially 3D

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I'm trying to get back into flying RC. I have a T28 Trojan from parkzone that spends more time in pieces than in the air.

Thanks for sharing, these are cool shots!

6. i have always wanted an RC Helicopter
    great shots
    post all you want
    i know that there are a lot of us here who'll be looking

thanks

7. Hemigod

Hemigod

Jan 12, 2008
    Anchorage
    Those are great shots!
    I always wanted an R/C Heli.

I might get a small indoor electric one to mess around with.
    I have a bunch of R/C electric cars and trucks.

Maybe i'll get out my Clodzilla and dust it off and take some rock crawling shots for the forum members here.

8. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I've thought about getting one of those little $20-30 indoor ones and seeing if I could learn to fly it well enough without crashing to maybe graduate to one expensive enough I'd be unhappy to crash it in the first 30 seconds.

9. Hemigod

Hemigod

Jan 12, 2008
    Anchorage
    Something like this would be cool I think

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJDJ1&P=0

Not too bad at about $150

With 4 channels, it might even allow you to practice maneuvering and hovering, with similar flight characteristics to the big boys.

But i'm just guessing as the real models are like 6 thru 9 channels of control.

10. giletti

giletti

Jan 12, 2008
    Victoria, BC
    Thought maybe you'd be interested in this shots. It was taken in Scarborough (Ontario, Canada) and I just happened to pass by.

488388694_858d15cc2e_o.jpg

11. Very nice shot Martin :Love:

12. I've always had a passion for this hobby, but currently I just don't have the time for anymore hobbies. Great shots BTW.

13. the amazing thread continues
    can't wait to see many more pictures

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.