Anybody know of PS actions that give that film look?

Not looking for full blown filters, just Photoshop actions that can give that film look. If anyone knows where I can get/buy something of the like, that'd be great! Thanks!

I was looking at Alien Skins, but for $249 it's kinda steep when all I want is the kodachrome look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look through this list. I have used many of them and trust them. As well as these.

What trips me out is that there are action script writing, photoshop mastering, photo blogging, stay-at-home moms with websites regarding exactly what I'm looking for. :eek:

My wife told me I should stay at home since I do a pretty good job of watching the baby, house cleaning, doing laundry and dinner making. I think I might have found my internet calling! :tongue:

Put an S Curve in the curve dialog.

Add grain, to a new layer, make it soft or sharp, adjust luminosity, and finally use blend if to block the grain from showing in highlits & shadows. Split the "blend if" sliders to soften the transitions.

All films can be simulated this way, duplicate the grain pattern, color or mono, soft and clumpy or very sharp, and make the curve match the film, ie long toe or short toe, steep shoulder or not, and match the midtone contrast.

After you figure what you want, write down all the steps, then save it as an action so you can repeat it effortlessly, .atn Save the action in documents or at least a copy so that when you update ps you do not have to find all the custom actions and move them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom