Anybody notice the D80 Price Drop today?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by JerryLoSardo, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Folks,
    Has anyone noticed that Adorama reduced the price of a new D80 from $719 to about $569 today? It doesn't seem like any of the other biggie online merchants has followed suit.

I've been considering getting a D80 as a lightweight travel alternative to my D200, since the D80 is as good a camera today as it was yesterday, even if it's being eclipsed by the D90. It would, I believe, do everything I need it to do without the additional bells and whistles possessed by the D90, and would save me about $450. Would like to hear what others think of this strategy.

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Guest

I heard that Nikon reduced the MRSP on the D80 by an even $200. Amazon.com has the D80 for $570 also.
    The others should pick up the new price soon. Looks like Nikon is making room for the D90. This should make everyone happy except someone who just bought a D80 or is trying to sell a used D80.

Anyone want to buy a D50? If I could sell that I'd trade up in a second. $570 is a good price.

3. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    That would be me ^^ - got the D80 not long ago. Needed it for my job though. Nothing wrong with it for what I do.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

that would be a down-grade imho:eek: 

5. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.