Anybody notice the D80 Price Drop today?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by JerryLoSardo, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Folks,
    Has anyone noticed that Adorama reduced the price of a new D80 from $719 to about $569 today? It doesn't seem like any of the other biggie online merchants has followed suit.

I've been considering getting a D80 as a lightweight travel alternative to my D200, since the D80 is as good a camera today as it was yesterday, even if it's being eclipsed by the D90. It would, I believe, do everything I need it to do without the additional bells and whistles possessed by the D90, and would save me about $450. Would like to hear what others think of this strategy.

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Guest

I heard that Nikon reduced the MRSP on the D80 by an even $200. Amazon.com has the D80 for $570 also.
    The others should pick up the new price soon. Looks like Nikon is making room for the D90. This should make everyone happy except someone who just bought a D80 or is trying to sell a used D80.

Anyone want to buy a D50? If I could sell that I'd trade up in a second. $570 is a good price.

3. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    That would be me ^^ - got the D80 not long ago. Needed it for my job though. Nothing wrong with it for what I do.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

that would be a down-grade imho:eek:

5. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017