1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anybody recognise him?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    This stone 'Boss' was discovered recently in my daughter's garden. The house was formerly a vicarage.
    I think it's sandstone, weighing about 30-35 Lbs.
    He seems to be sneering, luckily from this angle his broken nose is not too evident. :wink:

Incidentally for you Canadian types, the light is from something we call the sun. We had just eaten dinner outdoors, so warm and comfortable. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PenpondsBoss.

2. Nice shot, but I have sun today where I am in Canada, it is the start of a new season here, we call it Road Construction, it is my favourite time of the year :wink:

3. Ok i give up. who is it?

4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I don't think it's anybody in particular. A friend has just told me it's probably what is known as a Corbel Stone, a linking/locking piece in an arch or rafter supporting block. It is also likely to have been indoors as the stone has not weathered too badly.
    Basically it's a tonsured monk.:wink:

There are no prizes. :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.