Anybody seen this? New Tamron 18-270

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by frankier, Jul 30, 2008.

1. I read about it this morning. Tamronalways takes it's sweet time in bringing lenses to market after they've been announced, so don't hold your breath.

Case in point: Where is the 10-24 f/3.5-4.5?

2. Touche! :smile:

I am not sure they will cut significantly into the Nikkor 18-200VR sales given its declining price. This introduction would have probably made more sense one year ago with the Nikkor at $750 and the long waiting time to get one..... Just my opinion, though.

3. This I would be interested in. Hmmmm.

4. If they can make the optics as good as on the 18-250 it could be the ultimate travel lens.

5. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    This would make the ultimate travel lens couple with the D40-D60,

If the optics is just as good as the 18-200 VR... or even better...

You just can't beat that combo for light travel PERIOD.

6. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

whats the point of this focal range 18-270?Seems a bit excessive too me.id rather have something with more reach if im settling on a 6.3 max aperture?like the sigma 150-500????seems like it would be targeted twords beginers.where the money is at im sure!

7. 28-419mm equivalent. You don't think that's a useful range?

8. very true! Plus... it's a Tamron.. don't me a hater but I normally just stick with Nikon glass... just my personal preference.

9. morcguy

morcguy

Dec 29, 2006
    Minnesota
    I think it is pretty tiny compared to the 150-500.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.