Anybody seen this? New Tamron 18-270

I read about it this morning. Tamronalways takes it's sweet time in bringing lenses to market after they've been announced, so don't hold your breath.

Case in point: Where is the 10-24 f/3.5-4.5?

Touche! :smile:

I am not sure they will cut significantly into the Nikkor 18-200VR sales given its declining price. This introduction would have probably made more sense one year ago with the Nikkor at $750 and the long waiting time to get one..... Just my opinion, though.

I read about it this morning. Tamronalways takes it's sweet time in bringing lenses to market after they've been announced, so don't hold your breath.

This would make the ultimate travel lens couple with the D40-D60,

If the optics is just as good as the 18-200 VR... or even better...

You just can't beat that combo for light travel PERIOD.

S

scooptdoo

whats the point of this focal range 18-270?Seems a bit excessive too me.id rather have something with more reach if im settling on a 6.3 max aperture?like the sigma 150-500????seems like it would be targeted twords beginers.where the money is at im sure!

very true! Plus... it's a Tamron.. don't me a hater but I normally just stick with Nikon glass... just my personal preference.

whats the point of this focal range 18-270?Seems a bit excessive too me.id rather have something with more reach if im settling on a 6.3 max aperture?like the sigma 150-500????

I think it is pretty tiny compared to the 150-500.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom