Anybody tried the Kata photo bags or backpacks

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by SilverEagle, Jun 21, 2005.

1. I just saw a Kata backpack that was a new product to me. They advertise these bags to be very good in hostile environments, offering shock and heat protection. Look high tech also. Just wanted to hear if anyone has experience with Kata before buying one of their backpacks.

Thanks.

2. I currently use a Kata R-103 Backpack! Before that I had the R-102, I upgraded because of the Laptop!

I fit all of my equipment into it, including Tripod on the outside. :lol: :lol:

What specific do you want to know?

3. Thanks Michael and Phil. Your info is helpful to me. I own 4 different LowePro Packs and use them for different things, but was impressed with the ruggedness of the Kata. I'm trying to decide between the R102 and the R103. I have a 15.4"wide laptop. It looks like this might fit in the
    R103.
    Thanks again,
    Muril

4. the only difference between the R102 and the R103 is the Laptop compartment, wich can even be handy to store cables or other stuff. It adds about about 3 cm in height.

I would definitely go for a R-103, if you have a laptop!

5. I second that. I bought the R-102 because the R-103 was not yet available then.

6. found some pics of it!

I just found some old pics, which show the interior might help you decide!

http://www.pbase.com/mcschuster/my_photostuff&page=all

Note, that this is the older Kata R-102, but its absolutely the same, except for the notebook compartment on the back!

Please don't mind the picture quality, that was my Coolpix SQ! :wink: :wink: :wink: