Anybody want a challenge- HELP

Hi all,

A friend of mine got a few hopeless pics at his daughter's wedding. I'm trying to make them a bit better. I'm hoping for a 4x6 or 5x7 print. If you want to take a crack at it, the file is here
http://twoeyesopen.zenfolio.com/ in the "Work in Progress" gallery
Let me know what you did because I have 4 or 5 more to do.
Thanks
David

Here's the original
p943988132-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's my first attempt with what I know how to do. These pics are so bad I am going to learn how to smudge and try that.
p992611288-5.png

I would suggest you have the full size file, working on such a small file makes it impossible to do much, maybe another can but I would not attempt it.
It can be pp but the whole file is suggested.

Darrell

Hi all,
I knew there were some hardy souls out there.
Tom, I have NX but don't use it much. I will give it a whirl. Both of yours are better than mine and I didn't think of B&W.

Darrell, zenfolio gives the option to allow or disallow downloading of full size files within a gallery.

Thanks for your help
David

Hi all,

A friend of mine got a few hopeless pics at his daughter's wedding. I'm trying to make them a bit better. I'm hoping for a 4x6 or 5x7 print. If you want to take a crack at it, the file is here
http://twoeyesopen.zenfolio.com/ in the "Work in Progress" gallery
Let me know what you did because I have 4 or 5 more to do.
Thanks
David

Here's the original
p943988132-5.jpg

Here's my first attempt with what I know how to do. These pics are so bad I am going to learn how to smudge and try that. snipped photo

Hi David,

WOW, this is a challenge. Only had a few minutes to fiddle with it, but here is what I tried. Used NX2 and technique to mitigate haze look. Lots of color casting due to natural light, flash, and tungsten light it appears. Yuk! Anyway, I cropped for a 4x6 as you requested. Getting the warmth and saturation right may still needs some help, but I think overall this is better than the original. Hey, I even added a twinkle in their eyes! :smile: Hopefully, this gives you a path to follow, then maybe not. :wink:

Here is my humble attempt. :Unsure:

COUPLE-REVISED.jpg

Have fun!

from me
noise ninja was the key here

339260702_gUtdJ-O.jpg

just a quickie retouch....a little of this and a little of that...blur background, skin tone correction, retouch faces, burn dodge, noise reduction, etc :)

Here is the fullsize retouch file if you want to play around with it some more.
Note - 5MB tiff file in a zip
http://rfcgraphics.com/request/wedretouch.zip

SMALL%20RETOUCH%20WED.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Well....after reducing the noise, slight color correction via levels and some minor cloning, I tried applied minimal dry brush and radial blur to lessen the distracting elements and soften their features.

339316950_y9K6A-L.jpg

Don't know how it will look @ 4x6. Full size it looks more painterly...

Wow, thanks everyone for your help. I have threatened to get Noise Ninja for some time and it looks like a great value. Boy these are a great help.

Thanks
David

R

rocketliv

Props to you all! I looked at that and didn't have a clue but you really made it look fantastic!!! I haven't heard of Noise Nina, thanks for the tip.

Latest threads

Top Bottom