Anyone doing gas powered RC cars?

I think I found a fun new hobby that's going to be a blast for my 2 teenaged sons & I. It's the HPI Savage 25 gas powered monster truck, measuring 21in long, & 18in wide. Although you can get it in kit form, this one's the "RTR" "Ready to Run" model. Just gas it up and go! Fuel tank holds 4-5oz of standard Nitro-Methane fuel.
Completed most of the breakin period just before dark last night. Runs VERY slow during breakin. like 15-20 mph, due to it's rich fuel mixture. This thing will run on any surface, will do huge jumps & flips, and *could* get up to 40 mph, if you have enough straightaway. Since we live out in the country on 11 acres, and have just 2 neighbors, both 1000ft away, we can run without any fear of hassles from anyone, due to the noise it makes.
Ran it into my own leg last night, just above the ankle, getting way too close, and drew blood! Ouch! Won't be doing THAT again anytime soon, believe me!
Can't wait to take some composite action sequences of it.

SO, is anyone else into this kind of stuff?
Pic was taken just after it's maiden voyage, dripping with mud. Taken w/ Canon S400...sorry bout that! :oops: (we were shooting video clips with it)
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My son has been bugging me to get him a gas powered RC truck. He now has quite a collection of electric ones. I am waiting for a Traxx catalog to come in the snail mail. I think that gas might be more than he can handle now. Actually here is a shot of one that he wants :wink:
large.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom