Anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Commodorefirst, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Anyone else do this? when I am lazy and don't need the best processing and if the images are JPG, I just use the basic but useful tools in I-view media pro. I crop, adjust levels, quick sharpening, and other basic stuff to get the JPg ready for basic printing, but on some good out of the camera shots, just a little iview sharpening and I am good to go. Much faster and easier than opening in PS and makes it a once stop JPG factory for PJ work or other mass produced works.

And I know some will disagree, but sometimes, on certain images, the iview sharpening works better than mutiple USM steps. (only on certain limited images)

Since I catalogue all in ivew, it is a natural to use.

Usually my workflow in RAW is to use photomechanic to do first sort and throw away, iview to catalogue, NC to convert and process to 16 bit tiff, PS to final process and save to JPG.

Wade

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks like a good workflow.

Havent tried Iview...Maybe will have a look.

Thanks for sharing that info. :>)))))

I use Nikon View, Nikon Capture, PSCS 2 and a few other odd things along the way at times :>)))

Also have PSP 9 and up-grading to 10.. So we will see what is new in there.

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hello Gale, Since I use Iview for all of my catalogue work, when needing to do quick tweaking of general non art print stuff I find the few tools pretty usefull. If I see that I got a great image, I will duplicate and work in PS instead of iview, as for most things it is faster, but as a browser catalogue system the iveiw program is king for the large number of images I use.

All raw uses my workflow found here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=53209&page=3

cheers,

Wade

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017