Anyone else get as neurotic as me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PDuany, Jul 4, 2008.

1. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    I swear somedays I have a love hate relationship with this hobby. My daughter just finished up a two week circus camp. She got the chance to learn skills like juggling, pie throwing, unicycle, etc. Tonight was the performance they did for friends and family.

So on to the crazyness, I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to place strobes in a gym to get that perfect shot. In between shows I am bungy tieing strobes to basketball hoops. Trying to aim them where I think they should be, meanwhile in my head, I am thinking how much a better job I could do if only I had a few more sb-800's and pocket wizards, and while I am at it a 24-70 would work nice here. To further justify it I am thinking well that setup would work great for the christmas concert, and the play she does.

It is a good thing B&H doesn't have a thirty minute delivery service, because I have the willpower of a two year old.

Then as I am taking the pictures I am thinking, Oh that was a good one, that one didn't work, etc etc. When I download them I am pleasantly surprised there maybe a few gems in there. Now as I look at them I am hard pressed to find any I like at all.

So to sum it up, I just spent all day working on photos that right now I do not even want to look at. At the same time I self justified spending who knows how much money.

Would I do it agian tommorrow??

In a heartbeat, I love this hobby (just don't ask me in five minutes from now)

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yeah I feel the same. Somedays I love it and somedays I want to sell all my stuff and be done with it.

I had a client a couple of months ago who hated her son's images...she swore up and down it wasn't my fault. Then she called me up after viewing the images and asked if we could try it again, ok so we did. Again she didn't like them. So now she's out $125.00 (2 session fees) and said she'll think of maybe buying some later next month.

This is when I hate photography.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.