1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone else have a chameleon ?

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by DoubleR, Aug 13, 2009.

1. DoubleR

DoubleR

Jul 20, 2009
    South Wales
    I wanted to practice my close-up manual focussing with a Tamron 80-210mm I picked up cheaply. The sun was shining so I let my chameleon "trigger" out for a jolly in the sunshine.

He's a panther chameleon & meant to be a nosy-be but he's a little too green for that I think.

Anyone else have a chameleon they's like to share shots of ?

3818292586_d06f27e0b0_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Thats a great shot! I love chameleons I had 2 of them that passed away a couple years back and I've been dying to get another pair since. My enclosure is just sitting there collecting dust now :( 

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Someone else might pipe up with some chamelons. In the meantime, check out Chewbecca's geckos! Chewbecca (Rebecca) is a wonderful shooter, obviously loves her geckos to the point of distraction, and she's also hilarious (and apparently a huge icanhascheezburger.com fan).

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=204608&page=27

Wonderful shot of Trigger!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Stunning. What did you use as the background? I love the detail on the scales, and the high contrast look.

5. DoubleR

DoubleR

Jul 20, 2009
    South Wales
    This was shot at around 210mm the backround is just well out of focus & was taken outside, The lightness is a wall & the darker areas are just out of focus items.

I thought the contrast boost suited the texture of the scales so stuck with it rather than going for out & out saturation.

6. Absolutely. The colours are just perfect and the greyish tones suit the background a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.