Anyone Ever Use Moab's Anasazi Canvas Premium Matte?

In a separate thread, I've been exploring ways to print on canvas. For a number of reasons, it's looking more involved than what I want it to be. I have a dye-based printer without a roll feed (and most canvas requires a pigment-based printer), and loading individual sheets cut from a roll could be problematic.

So, in doing further research, I came across Moab Anasazi Premium Matte which looks like it might fit the bill. According to the specs, it can be used with dye ink and it comes precut in individual sheets. In addition, it still lends itself to stretching for use in creating gallery wraps. Finally, Moab provides an ICC profile for my printer (Canon Pro9000 Mark II).

So, I'm wondering whether anyone has experience with printing on it? If so, did you create gallery wraps, or did you simply frame and mat? I'd be interested in hearing any positive and/or negative experiences.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
This probably won't help but I print on sheets on Canvas using the Pro 9000MkII with no problems. I use Permajet canvas. They are a very professional paper maker and they make about 10 types of canvas. One can buy a box with a sample of each type of canvas. The problem is that they don't appear to have an agent in the USA. They have printer profiles, although I did a calibration myself.

This probably won't help but I print on sheets on Canvas using the Pro 9000MkII with no problems. I use Permajet canvas. They are a very professional paper maker and they make about 10 types of canvas. One can buy a box with a sample of each type of canvas. The problem is that they don't appear to have an agent in the USA. They have printer profiles, although I did a calibration myself.

Thanks, Richard. Ideally, I certainly would like to acquire a sample pack of canvasses from somewhere. What do you use as a "leader" to load the canvas sheets into the printer? Is the canvas stretchable for gallery wraps?

And, are you satisfied with the results (asking since our printers are dye-based)?

Thanks.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
The canvas is very flexible. It bends easily. I have not done it, but I can't see any difficulty with wrapping it over a stretcher. That is what it is advertised as being for.

No need for a leader, but it is essential to feed it in flat (using the front loading method on the printer). I've done A3 and A4 size with no problems, including printing with no margins (although you are not supposed to according to Canon).

See Canvas Test Pack on this page:
http://www.permajet.com/Products/PermaJet-Inkjet-Canvas-Range

You can't see the surface but this is a framed canvas print from the printer:
Picture%20in%20kitchen.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm sure other good paper makers must have equivalents.

Aha! Using the front-loading option of the printer is the key then. I've only ever used the rear-loading option, so I'll have to do some research on how to set that up.

Thanks!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I suggest you read the instructions three times and then practice with a normal print. It works perfectly IF you do exactly what you should, when you should. Which is not easy without doing it several times until you are fully trained. Ask me if you have trouble.

I suggest you read the instructions three times and then practice with a normal print. It works perfectly IF you do exactly what you should, when you should. Which is not easy without doing it several times until you are fully trained. Ask me if you have trouble.

Having trouble. PM sent.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom