Anyone get a Kingfisher 'RR' Flip?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Just curious...I got one today and unfortunately it happened so quickly it is a tad out of focus...

I am thinking of posting it but I'm not sure since it's a little fuzzy but would like to see some others first...

2. Oh come on you chicken, just post it... :biggrin: :biggrin:

3. Aww come on, I'm trying to build up a reputation LOL

4. What reputation?

5. Kentucky Fried Flip

Too bad I was a spaz and forgot to focus!

[​IMG]

6. still I bet that is the only thing even closely resmbling a flip by this elusive bird.
    now FOCUS next time dernit

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Definitely postable Brett. I don't see anybody else posting a K-F flip, perfectly focused or otherwise. I'd say that you've set the bar. Now we have to see whether we can leap over it. :wink:

8. Is it obvious what I was using as support here?

600mm supported by a fence line, I should have known not to leave the car without my tripod...

9. Heck you could have entered this into the Cafe Challenge: Blurred! :)

This is still a great shot, I have never seen anything remotely like it.

If you where you I would crop it and use it as my avatar!

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ok it's now on my list to get !!
    Very cool capture, never seen it before even though I know that birdie :biggrin:

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats teriffic.

You hid the blurrrrr well :>)))

Don't matter.. No bodyelse has one :>)))

12. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm travelling for business right now, so I have to just pull one off of my host. I think I have a better shot on the desktop at home. This fish is an immature great northern pike.

How's this for the moment ?

[​IMG]

Always shoot.

John P.

13. That's good stuff John!! I've got another I will post tomorrow, this picture posted above was the 2nd flip, the other one I have is the first.

I shoot a D70, and use the AE-L/AF-L button for AF-On and sometimes get spazzed out and forget to focus like in this case, I'm a squid!

14. Yep, I can see now Brett why you would not want to post this shot and ruin your reputation.. Guess you ruined the rep you were building..:biggrin: :biggrin:

Anywhoo, it is a pretty decent shot with that long rusty leading line right up to the kingfisher and fish flip it is doing...:biggrin: :biggrin: