Anyone get a Xoom tablet?

I was just wondering if anyone has a Xoom tablet.If you do have you found many (non game) apps that are optimized for tablets and Honeycomb?

I am trying to decide between a Xoom or an iPad. (Please don't write back saying the iPad is better because it has more apps.)

I was just wondering if anyone has a Xoom tablet.If you do have you found many (non game) apps that are optimized for tablets and Honeycomb?

I am trying to decide between a Xoom or an iPad. (Please don't write back saying the iPad is better because it has more apps.)

I actually got the iPad, but looked at the Xoom also. For me it was certain apps that I knew I wanted/needed (like Filterstorm). Another strong competitor that now coming out is the HP TouchPad. You may want to check that out too.

I have Macs and Android already. I don't want HP OS too. :)

I do not do much photo manipulation on my Android phone at present - I just do simple contrast and lighting adjustments of quick pictures taken with my camera's phone. So I do not need Filterstorm.

Can you tell me any non photo apps you could not find for Android? Easy customization and $G in the (near) future sway me towards Xoom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am considering both the iPad 32GB WiFi versus the Xoom. If I don't have any Mac equipment, will I get the full benefit from the iPad? Both are $599 so price is not a consideration.

Can anyone think of reasons/features that would make you buy one or the other?

TIA

There are all sorts of articles which tell you why one is better than the other. Xoom has better screen aspect for movies, Android OS which allows more customization and sd card can be mounted as a hard drive while iPad requires iTunes. Moving data to iPad is a pain in the butt IMHO. IPad has more apps, cannbot add memory.

Google iPad2 vs Xoom.

But, after doing all that I am still asking for opinions here, rather than reading what the Geeks say.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom