1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone get any Perseid Meteors last night?

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Fort Photo, Aug 12, 2009.

1. I managed to drive up Cameron Pass here in Colorado to near the Continental Divide to watch the peak of this years Perseids. Even with a bright moon, I still managed to see at total of 69 Perseids between 10 pm and 3:30 am MST. I can only imagine how great the show would have been under a new moon!

In any case, I saw two fireball style meteors and managed to have my camera pointed at one! I was thinking of starting a separate thread where folks can post there stuff from last night, that is if anyone besides me went out.

I will ultimately stack the major part of my session into star trails, but here is that one fireball I caught (the one I missed was even brighter). Please click to view in large in order to really best see the stars:

3814173569_5ae2ca8b2f.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I went out for a bit but did not see any meteors. Course I had a lot of light pollution where I was.

3. Nicely done - we were skunked by cloud cover at the museum.

Sean

4. A beauty.
    I might be moving a son to Colorado in late August. I am gonna stay out there until I see a dark sky again. Living in New England, I forgot what it looks like....:mad: 

5. Michael, wonderful snap!
    It was cloudy here last night so I saw nothing, so I went to bed ha

6. Great shot!

Next year the Perseid Meteor Shower will be right at the time of the New Moon.

7. Great looking picture. There was too much fog where I live.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.