Anyone get Covid vaccinated yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple my relatives and friends who all are frontline nurses/doctors have received the vaccine. They deal with the pandemic first hand and are some of the most dedicated people I know to their job, despite the risks. I'm happy they now have at least some protection from this virus.

Also I hate being sick, I workout at least 5 days a week, lift weights, ride bikes, jog, etc. and love being HEALTHY. There's a good chance I'd survive the virus if I catch it, but I don't want to deal with lingering long term effects, because I live an active life style. I can't wait for the vaccine to be available...I want to travel again! There's a beautiful world I need to photograph!

I'll be 79 next week, so I'm in a higher risk category. My wife and I are definitely planning to get the vaccine when we are eligible, but I hope all the folks we deal with at grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. get it first. We are in a good situation and have no problem staying isolated.

I'm a healthy 70 year old, reasonably active but overweight (my doc says "well nourished"). My fear is not that I suffer the ills of Covid, but that I pass it on to others who are susceptible and suffer its worst consequences.
I have several friends who have died from it, and many more, including a daughter, who has beaten it back.
Please trust the science.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Each of us makes our decisions based on what we feel is best for us personally. Let's not challenge each other's viewpoints and personal decisions. I really don't want to close the thread. Please address your comments in answer the OP's question....and not challenge opinions of others. Thanks!

Winter Haven FL stats 745 deaths form covid out of a population of 43020.
Wow...that would be incredibly deadly! That means that so far 1.7% (745 / 43,020) of the population is dead...and clearly not all 43,020 have COVID yet. If you were to extrapolate that percentage to the US population, 6 million plus would be dead.

On a more personal note, two of my friends have been hospitalized with COVID recently...one has been in the hospital for 24 days so far. The other was released after 9 days...although he may have some long-term effects with multiple blood clots in his lungs. Both were healthy before getting COVID.

I hope that the vaccine will go a long way toward getting things back to a sense of normalcy. There's been too much suffering and economic hardship already.

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom