Anyone get Covid vaccinated yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is a front line medical worker, got his today.
Don - Glad to hear it. With the coronavirus wreaking havoc in our country, the front line medical workers need to be protected with vaccinations ASAP.. As an old coot, I can wear a mask, socially distance, shop for supplies during off hours and wait my turn.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
A very good friend of mine who is on the front lines received hers two days ago. She has a couple of pre-existing conditions and is high risk, and she has been keeping us up to date on how she’s feeling. So far, she’s been experiencing muscle aches and fatigue but she said she was told to expect that.

I think a lot of this is driven by the number of doses available to any one institution/region. Those who work directly with covid patients (ICU physicians, nurses, techs and support staff) are at the head of the line - which makes sense.

My spouse works with at risk (immunosuppressed) patients as well as those with other risk factors, but not directly with Covid positive patients and right now she is considered second wave. I'm just over 65 with no other health risks other than a general curmudgeonly outlook - and I think I'm in the third line.

JLH

We have some family members who are getting theirs (Doctors) and some who are on the short list due to their work status. VA has informed me they are working down the list and will be in touch with me when my number comes up.

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
No and dont plan on it it has lower rate than survivability of covid itself.. Does it exist yea but numbers have been cooked and proven. Are there some that may need it sure but it doesnt prevent a person from getting it again just as a person who has had it can get it again.. (shrug) best of luck to those who do get it though

Real Name
It realy is Steven Roy. Did you think I was lying?
No and dont plan on it it has lower rate than survivability of covid itself.. Does it exist yea but numbers have been cooked and proven. Are there some that may need it sure but it doesnt prevent a person from getting it again just as a person who has had it can get it again.. (shrug) best of luck to those who do get it though
Thanks for the eloquently well writen, detailed, incontrovertible, unarguable information.
If I die, Don (my father) will let you know that you were right.

I was researching the testing on it
Citation needed.

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
Thanks for the eloquently well writen, detailed, incontrovertible, unarguable information.
If I die, Don (my father) will let you know that you were right.

Citation needed.
citation needed.. due to my opinion differs from yours. I known 40 people personally who had it no worse than flu and full recovery within week. as I said maybe it will help certain individuals.. Stop watching the media *sigh*

I known 40 people personally who had it no worse than flu and full recovery within week.
I am only a doctor, so what do I know. I have watched dozens of people, including dear close friends, DIE of this disease. I am glad you are more fortunate.
This is not the place to discuss different views on this terrible disease. Never before have I seen medical treatment drawn out in politics and personal beliefs- but that is our new world
I'm done here.
gary

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
I am only a doctor, so what do I know. I have watched dozens of people, including dear close friends, DIE of this disease. I am glad you are more fortunate.
This is not the place to discuss different views on this terrible disease. Never before have I seen medical treatment drawn out in politics and personal beliefs- but that is our new world
I'm done here.
gary
Agree this shouldnt even be in a thread. the miscounts of actual cases in florida and other states blaming other types of death on the virus. Im not gonna keep trying to defend myself due to people living in fear.
CDC says ages 0-70 99% survival over 70 95%
So who do we believe. Not to mention if Biden actually shuts country down completely for 4 months I think he said, it will destroy this country
Winter Haven FL stats 745 deaths form covid out of a population of 43020.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom