Anyone going to be using their tax return to buy a new lens?

I know I am! For the first time in a few years I'm expecting a nice return this year. I don't know how much, but with my savings I have for a lens right now, plus my return I plan on getting my first pro grade lens. Probably the 12-24 ƒ/4. I was also thinking of getting the 10.5 fish eye or 105mm macro. I'm not sure.

Anyone else going to be using their hard earned uncle Sam money to get a lens?

C

CDN5

I'm using my student loan refund to buy a D700, does that count? :biggrin: I wish I had a big enough tax return for more than one nice dinner but hey what can ya do?!

M

Michael Mohrmann

Nope. I am still trying to spend (make that re-spend) the money put toward the 5D/40D system I purchased late in 2007, only to sell it last month in order to go with the D700. I still have a bit to go, and I don't think I will be adding any more funds to the total.

Still trying to deal with last year's capital losses ...

I know I am! For the first time in a few years I'm expecting a nice return this year. I don't know how much, but with my savings I have for a lens right now, plus my return I plan on getting my first pro grade lens. Probably the 12-24 ƒ/4. I was also thinking of getting the 10.5 fish eye or 105mm macro. I'm not sure.

go sigma 10-20 and used the savings towards a good tripod! thats my plan! oddly enough, our kits will look very similar, since i just ordered the 70-300VR before prices start to go up, according to some rumors floating around here!

Having just gone through Tax Cut prior to the last estimated tax payment due tomorrow I'm glad I topped off my NAS and LL at Christmas time. This is a more shooting and less buying year.

Rich

Since I have paid off my debt, hopefully a d300 with either a Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8 or a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

I was hoping to have enough for a D70s or a D300.
If I get one it will go to bills, I've been laid off since the beginning of dec. And was supposed to go back tomorrow, but got a call saying not to come in. There is no work next week either.

I just try to NOT get a tax refund. I don't like Uncle Sam using my money interest free.:wink:

Actually I'm using my tax return to pay for some of the lens I already got and are sitting on my credit card:tongue:

Sadly, this is true for me too. Our washing machine and dryer and due for replacement, so the refund will go into savings to wait for the fateful day one/both of them stop working.

Smelly clothes no good. :biggrin:

Thanks goodness for Citibank Thank You points. The wife and I almost have enough points to get a Tripod. Now I just need to convince her to let me spend our points on it. :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom