1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone going to Olympics in Hong Kong??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StL_Don, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Anyone going?
    My wife and I are headed to HK next week for the equestrian events and then on to Shanghai for a few days.

I plan to meet Phil K there and if anyone else from the Café is going it would be fun to meet up.

Don

2. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    If I had the bucks, I would be spending it on the D700, a few prime lens, extra goodies for the new toy, and who knows.............a HD flat screen TV to watch the Olympics.

Anywho..........sounds like an awesome trip. Enjoy and GO USA!!!!

3. Yes I will be there, but I probably will only attend the individual jumping final.

Don, I still haven't heard from them about photographic gear.

4. Globetrotter

Globetrotter

May 4, 2008
    SoCal
    My best friend, who is currently living in Seoul, was going to go, but he's currently blacklisted from entering China (long story) so now I can't live vicariously through him.

5. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    actually....nobody is going to the Olympics in Hong Kong....The Olympics are being held in Beijing. Totally different part of China.

I'll be going....to my living room....front row seating! haha....i'm excited for it to start up!

6. Equestrian events are in HK.

And isn't NBC bringing us tape-delayed coverage again--AKA, "yesterdays news"?

7. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Noted. thanks =P

8. Other events are also in Qingdao...a city in Shandong province (and home of Tsingtao beer!)

9. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Don't feel bad, my nephew was expelled from China for staging "Romeo & Juliet" at his missionary school. Knowing him, there may have been a political or Christian overtone that they didn't like.

Sounds like a fun adventure. Don, make Phil take you down to Wan Chai for street photography and Tiger Balm Gardens. My favorite moment I didn't have a camera for: Split open ox heads in the gutter, fresh brains on display for sale.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.