Anyone got experience with a D3100 and a YN-565

I asked about this in the flash section but I was kinda hijacking someones thread anyway and thought id try asking in this section.

Has anyone got one of these flashes and tried it with a D3100? Im eyeing one up but I just want to make sure it works well, ie auto zoom, flash compensation etc.

Just to answer my own question I decided to take the plunge seeing as im on the market for a second camera and figured this flash would work well with a mid range one.

Surprisingly it works well with the D3100 too, the flash compensation, flash mode, zoom etc all appear to work as expected. I havent had a lot time to play with it or learn the features but it seems to be a very nice flash.

Thanks for your post.
I too took the plunge and have the same flash on order.
I have D300 and D40 and wanted to try one due to the low cost and mostly decent reviews.

I still havent had chance to play with it much but its a lot better than the YN-467 and its only £40 more.

From what I hear the Yongnuo warranty is pretty good too (provided you buy it from a reputable seller) so whilst having one break down isnt a good thing, its not going to be costly

Latest threads

Top Bottom