1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone have a camera I can borrow??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taat2d, Jul 10, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Anyone live close enough to me to let me borrow a camera for about an hour. I'd like to try to my lenses on a different camera to see if I keep getting the same results. I'd also like to someone to try taking some shots with my camera and see if THEY come up with the same results as me.
    If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreicate it.

2. I'm outside of Philadelphia if your up for a road trip ...

Gary

3. How about a short vacation in scenic Tennessee. You don't even need shoes here. (Oops, I wasn't supposed to brag about that.)

4. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    what's the problem Joe ?

5. Come to Canada, see Niagara Falls on the way!

6. hehehe! Or South Carolina, shirts not required either but only for the men:eek: 

MikeT

7. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx Gary. I'll be at Raceway Park on Sunday. Any chance you might come watched MX with me and my son? :biggrin:

Thanx. Bill I'd LOVE to come for a visit.
    I had a bad night last night taking pics at my sons soccer practice. I know I can't always expect things to go perfectly. I'm upset because I had no keepers. Now I'm not sure of it's the gear or me. I KNOW it's me....

I'd LOVE to!!!! I was there last yeae for a month working... BEAUTIFUL place.

TRUST ME you DON'T wanna see me without a shirt!!!!:eek: 

8. Hmmm, 70 miles...

Probably not this time around with such short notice and other things on the agenda ...

Sorry

Whats the policy for me bringing camera equipment for the next one? Like a 400mm and tripod? <grin>

Gary

9. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Maybe we can hook up one day next week, somwhere down the NJ TPKE?

10. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I live in northern Jersey - about 20 miles from the GWB. Actually I was in Liberty State Park last Sunday. If it wasn't so hazy I would have seen Staten Island. I have a D40 and D200, feel free to drop by if you want!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
  11. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I live in northern Jersey. Actually I was in Liberty State Park last Sunday. If it wasn't so hazy I would have seen Staten Island. I have a D40 and D200, feel free to drop by if you want!

[​IMG]
    See? It was really hazy!

12. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC

Thanx Bart. I'm gonna take you up on that offer. Lil closer than heading down to Philly. :eek: 

Thanx :biggrin:

13. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    lol i live in brooklyn if that matters

14. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Brooklyn. My old digs!! :biggrin: Grew up in Sheepsheadbay. Getting even closer. Bart I thank you but I'm gonna have to take a pass.

15. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Not a problem! I'd recommend Brooklyn over Jersey any day of the week anyway :smile:

16. Based on where you live, I would assume you could easily do several things. For example, go to a friendly camera shop and inquire about upgrading your D-80. Take your lenses and try them on a demo version of a D-300. Inquire about lenses too, mount a demo on your D-80, and make a few shots. If you have a particular problem, ask the guy at the shop about it.

Or, go to someplace which rents cameras and rent one for a day to do whatever testing you need.

17. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    Do you work in Manhattan by any chance? I work downtown on the west side (Greenwich St).

18. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    This sounds like a good idea.

Unfortunately no I don't. But thanx.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.