Anyone have any RPT Flash shots?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by lexiticus, Jul 15, 2007.

1. I just got a D200 this morning and after setting up all my custom settings I was playing around with the RPT option, And it looks like a great creative tool for a few things. My creative mind is asleep right now, so all I can think of personally is like night skateboarding "sequence" shots, Where you catch a trick in one exposure but with each flash burst painting a different point of the trick.

SO. Anyone done some? I would like to see what others have come up with for this.

2. I played around with it on the D80 as well . The trick is to have a dark background because if you set it for 10 flashes for the one exposure , and each one of those flashes is correctly exposed , a close background will be 10 X the exposure because it will have received all the flashes . My advice is do it at night looking upwards or with a distant background

circles019.

3. Nice, Thats kind of what I expected to be the issue, You have to count on either Distance from flash, (And natural light burn in), And properly expose the flash (or at least about 50% so crossovers don't super overexpose)

4. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle