Anyone have experience with portable solar chargers?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by SteveK, Mar 26, 2005.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    I'm looking for specific recommendations and personal experiences for portable solar chargers. I'm going to be spending time a long way away from any power sources, and will need to charge camera batteries.

2. Steve, I have used the iSun Sport (I think the company is called Geo Data smth...) Very reliable, efficient and quick. Good for portable storage devices and digi-cameras and cheep as well.

3. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Thanks Panos. I was looking at the Brunton Roll 14 charger which puts out 14V. Was wondering how efficiently they might charge Nikon Lithium-Ion batteries.....

My wife has a mountain named after her in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. She wants to fly in to the area and climb her mountain this summer, before the oil mongers tear the refuge apart to get that last drop of golden gue. Oops, guess I just showed my political stripes. I don't want to see the refuge developed; I'd rather see us implement mandatory fuel efficiency for vehicles.

4. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    not too sure, but moose peterson says he uses this... SunWize Portable Energy System (PES)

5. Hey Steve these sound G R E A T ! ! ! :shock: ...and I mean both your wife's eager AND your political stripes... :wink: