anyone here using MacKeeper

I'm just curious, since I've seen several adds on various websites touting MacKeeper. Are any of you using it, if so, how does it speed up your Mac?

Forget it - the only things you really need to keep running smooth are Onyx, iDefrag, and Disk Warrior. Even then, they're not necessarily essential, just good policy in the long run. Macs don't bog down like Windows PC's over time, so anything touting a PC-like cleaning and super speed boost is usually a crock.

I do nothing to my Macs and they never bog like windows used to do.

It is a good idea to use an auto start up and let it run 3 hours on Sunday night.

Also do not use sleep mode all the time. Turn it off once a week at least.

I have added a Time Machine back up plus two other HD back ups.

No anti virus is installed.

I tried it, but started getting lockup and freezing issues, mainly while running Safari. So, I uninstalled it.

I think it had some nice features as far as removing unwanted programs, unwanted languages, and also a quick way to check for program updates. Other than that, I use what has been already been posted, like Onyx for keeping things clean and neat.

A widget called Maintidget will do maintenance scripts, and Onyx a whole lot more. Both free. There are programs like Clean my Mac which will remove all the extra language files, and do the same things Onyx does for free. You can get carried away, but you don't have to. Shut it down once every week or two. According to the Tech at Mac this should be done because it does it's own maintenance stuff. I have no idea what, but i take his word for it. Not much else.

A widget called Maintidget will do maintenance scripts, and Onyx a whole lot more. Both free. There are programs like Clean my Mac which will remove all the extra language files, and do the same things Onyx does for free. You can get carried away, but you don't have to. Shut it down once every week or two. According to the Tech at Mac this should be done because it does it's own maintenance stuff. I have no idea what, but i take his word for it. Not much else.

Great advice, thanks

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom