Anyone know where I could rent a 300 2.8 in Indy?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by RACING_RYAN, May 30, 2007.

1. RACING_RYAN

RACING_RYAN

Jan 29, 2007
    Stockton, CA
    I will be in Indianapolis for the Formula One race on June 17th. Dose anyone know of a shop who rents the 300 2.8 near the track?

2. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    The only place I know that rents is Robert's Camera. It's downtown Indy about 15- 20 minutes from the track depending on traffic. For the 300 2.8 it's $60 a day or $180 a week.

http://www.robertsimaging.com/rent_nikon_35mm.jsp

There's also Cord Camera but I'm not sure they rent. Not a big fan of Cord stores myself anyway. Roberts has been around forever..probably your best shot.

3. RACING_RYAN

RACING_RYAN

Jan 29, 2007
    Stockton, CA
    Thanks, I'll give them a call.

4. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Shops always require a deposit of the replacement cost of the lens. That protects them in case someone thinks about not returning the lens or trashes it or something.

5. joe_boyd

joe_boyd

Aug 10, 2006
    RE: Deposit

Most rental places will accept a credit card with a credit limit in excess of the deposit amount. They'll run a copy of the credit card when you pickup the rental.

No charges are made to the card unless you damage, or don't return, the rental. I don't think the deposit is counted against your credit limit, unless they make the charge for damage or loss.

Some companies may offer insurance at an additional cost, but I'm not aware of any, explicitly.