Anyone knows if the D200 can do IR ?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Benoit G., Dec 15, 2005.

1. I'm waiting to get my D200 :smile::smile: but I'm still on the fence if I want to sell my D70 or not. The decision point will be the D200 IR sensitivity. Anyone who got their D200 had a chance to try it on IR or have a hint about that ?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards.
    Benoit

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I hopefully get my D200 review sample tomorrow and will check its UV and IR response, of course, but I'm only moderately optimistic. The press release points out that IR response is curtailed.

With a modified camera having the internal filter pack ripped out, well that's more what you need to get into this invisibility business :biggrin:

3. Bjorn...

Bjorn, thank you indeed for your reply. I'll look forward to read your comments on the D200. Do you know if they claimed the same reduction of IR response on the D50 ??

I did not think to get the IR filter ripped off...for sure I'm not as serious on IR than you are but well...why not dive in that ?? I will think about that, thanks for the suggestion.

Regards.
    Ben