Anyone lusting after this one? :-)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Man-Fai Wong, Mar 22, 2005.

1. http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05032201lensbaby_2.0.asp

A while back, I did consider getting the original lensbaby, but other more standard lenses, etc. took higher priority for me. And now, they've announced v2. There are still few other things I want to get sooner or later, but this has renewed my interest.

Anyone else care for such "novelties" here? OR is most everyone only "into" the big $$$ stuff? :D

Other lenses I'm considering and/or on the verge of buying are the Sigma 20mm f/1.8 and maybe one of the new 12-24 f/4 (or thereabout) 3rd party lenses. Would love the 70-200VR, but haven't been able to justify the upgrade cost from my Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 (yet?).

_Man_

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I saw that and it looked cool. I've seen a lot of lensbaby stuff that is very appealing. Especially the macro stuff, and the new variable aperture capabilities are very tempting. If only they had used an iris rather than a bunch of parts I can lose to control the aperture. But then for a hundred and fifty bucks, even I can afford that! So maybe in a paycheck or two I'll order one. Too bad none of my local camera shops have one, I'd like to try one out.

3. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I have one, and love it. I bought it 6-8 months ago. I never used it much since it doesn't meter with the D70, but when I use it, I love it.

Now that I have a D2H, I plan to use it more. It's just hard to put down the 17-55 & pick up the lensbaby.

Version 2 looks like a nice upgrade.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Dave

4. Now stop that! I've gotten the 85 f/1.4, 300 f/4 and now the 35 f/1.4 since Christmas and promised myself to forget the 17-55 and now everyone's raveing about it. I can't afford this darn cafe!

:wink:

Rich

5. Rich - 17-55

Hi Rich,

I have the 17-55 and it stays on my camera all of the time. I just love this lens. I don't have that big of a lens lust like some I have seen but I have the ones that I do enjoy.

Now others have me wanting the 28 f/1.4 and I have been wanting the 60mm and the other one I want is the 85 f/1.4. Thank goodness it is only wanting and not needing or I would be in debt up to the high heavens.