Anyone making Quicktime VR movies ?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Nov 23, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Does anyone have any experience with making quicktime VR movies? I recently converted one of my panos to quicktime VR format and would like to learn more about this subject.

Example : 2.2 mb quicktime VR of the Naumberg Bandshell in Central Park
    http://rfcgraphics.com/vr/vr.html

Thanks in advance

RFC

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2005
  2. Robert, this is cool! :smile: :smile: :smile: Loved your VR pano! How many images were needed to do the VR pano and how did you assemble your image?

I know virtually nothing about this and would like to learn more too.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Robert,
    I use GoCubic to convert pano 360 picture into mov format that you could view by using Quicktime

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2005
  4. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beezle
    Just want to know how to convert and insert self rotating into mov Quicktime.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2005
  5. I used to be fairly involved with QTVR. I led the engineering of Apple's old VR authoring app.

Anything specific you want to know?

6. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
  7. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Oops! did not read properly I overlooked the letters VR :redface:

Roosje

8. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Beaucamera,

Thanks for the comments. I made a normal 360 panorama of the bandshell out of 12 images stitched with PTgui. I then imported this file in to Pano2QTVR to make the movie. Both programs are shareware so you should give it a try. I would really enjoy seeing some panos from your very creative mind.

More detailed info is available at....
    http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
    Regards

RFC

[

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Fishsauce,

Thanks for the recommendation. Looks like I now have a new winter project !

Regards

RFC

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Beezle,

I am very new to this subject and I am looking for info on shooting cubic panoramas. I dont have a pano head and I was wondering how would I go about shooting a 360 cubic panorama. Specifically, how does one shoot the ground and ceiling in such images ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

RFC

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Roosje,

That is a great movie, very creative :smile:
    And it didnt hurt that you used one of my favorite songs from the White Album !

Regards

RFC

12. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thank you :smile:
    Did you know of the existence of this lens? http://www.kaidan.com/ My husband uses it to make VR photos in Quicktime for the site he has build for our neighorborhood http://www.eboomberg.nl When you click on "virtual reality" on top of the page, click on a photo and than on one of the locations you will see the photos he has taken with this lens.

Roosje

13. Hi, Robert

Thanks for the link. One of these days, maybe, I'll get more involved in panos. I'd be delighted if I could somehow follow in your panoramic footsteps because you are doing some great work. Cubic panos...well I stay tuned!

Very interesting stuff!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera