Anyone own a Nikon 18mm f/2.8

I was just wondering if anyone owns this lens?

If anyone has any examples taken with the Nikon 18mm f/2.8 - I'd love to see them.

Thanks.

I have been thinking of that one Robert, or - more realistically for me - the f/3.5 version (Ai-S). Should look great from your balcony...

I have been thinking of that one Robert, or - more realistically for me - the f/3.5 version (Ai-S). Should look great from your balcony...

I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on this one b/c of the mixed reviews. But am very curious.....

Robert,
I have both the AF 18/2.8D and the AiS 18mm/3.5.
I am currently in Boston, can't access pictures with the Af 18mm on my home computer (turned off), but I do have one with the AiS 18mm/3.5

regards,
Andy

Here is the high resolution version
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was thinking about this lens too.
My feeling -from reading reviews only- is that it is not as good as the 17-35 or the 17-50 at the 18 setting, mainly because of the older design.
Also it is not any faster than the zooms, and it is quite big and expensive too.
I would like to hear from users that have actually used the lens though.

Robert,
I have both the AF 18/2.8D and the AiS 18mm/3.5.
I am currently in Boston, can't access pictures with the Af 18mm on my home computer (turned off), but I do have one with the AiS 18mm/3.5

regards,
Andy

Here is the high resolution version
Wow. Thats a great shot! Loved it. Good looking GS.

I bought the AF 18mm lens several years ago. I was extremely disappointed with its results and sold it right away. It had just about every problem you can think a lens can have. Any of the zooms (with maybe the exception of the 18-35mm) can do better at the 18mm focal length.

Here is what Bjørn has to say about the lens.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_wide.html

Best regards,

Paul

I have the 18mm AFD f/2.8.
My sample is very good, about the same quality as the 20mm f/2.8, 20-35mm f/2.8 and 17-35mm AFS f/2.8.
Build quality is outstanding, i think it is a very nice wide, 'small lens' for DSLR and very wide for a SLR.
The 18mm is much smaller/lighter than the 14mm f/2.8 and it has threads for Pol filter etc.
Highly recommended !

Robert, Airbiscuit and Mingaun,

thank you for the kind words. my shepard is probably the most patient model I have access to. Just tell him where you need him and what to do and he will deliver :smile:

Andy

That's another one of him, albeit with the 200mm/2 VR. (High Resolution)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom