Anyone own a Panasonic DMC-TZ3 or TZ1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vettenut, Apr 15, 2007.

1. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    I have been considering a new point and shoot since all I have is my wife's Panasonic Lumix (2MP) 12 X optical camera. I looked at the newly released Panasonic Lumic DMC-TZ3 which is a 10X optical with a Lieca 28-280mm (35mm equiv.) lens and is a 7.2 MP camera and can go to ISO 1250 with an additional High Sensitivity Mode of 3200. I have read reviews which for the most part are very favorable with the exception of noise at ISO 400 and above. Would appreciate any users feedback, I miss too many photo opportunities while driving and just refuse to leave my DSLR equipment in my car. Thanks - Jeff

2. Well with all the Panasonics I have dealt with ISO noise over 400 is bad. I went to a Nikon D200 from a Panasonic FZ30, but have played with the TZ1 and it was a nice small size, pretty basic features (all auto, no manual settings), but it did a good lens/zoom/low shutter lag. The TZ1 can be had fairly cheap now, or you could go for the TZ3.

3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    The new model seems to be good up to ISO 400 which is acceptable, many other point & shoot models have the same issues and don't offer 10X optical zooms. Just want to be able to capture the odd shot without having my high end gear in the car. Think I will be pursuing this camera very soon. The TZ1 has some great pricing right now but the noise issue shows up at anything past ISO 100 and I can't live with that.

4. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Well I spent the $$$

I got the DMC-TZ3 about an hour ago, battery is charging and the manuals are awaiting my review. Can't wait to play with it later this week when the Sun might actually show up.- Jeff

5. Could please share your experience or image samples of DMC-TZ3?
    Thanks.