Anyone play with Polaroids anymore?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by mr2monster, Aug 2, 2007.

1. mr2monster

mr2monster

Jun 29, 2007
    Arizona
    I just found a Polaroid Spectra tonight and thought I'd buy some film for it... Holy crap that stuff is expensive!

It's been a good day for me as I just bought a Nikon EM with a 50mm 1.8 E for 20 bucks and then I found this and a Polaroid One Step for 5 bucks together.

Now that I spent 22 bucks on the film, I'm having trouble coming up with cool ideas to shoot with it. ..... hmm.. suggestions?

2. YES! Lots of fun can be had! Be sure to play with the images as they develop, push and smear the chemicals inside the picture while they're still liquid etc...! Try using small rollers and combs to get different effects.
    You may want to see if you can buy expired film in bulk, or at least at a discount. It's much cheaper, and unless it's been badly stored, it should work fine for a year past it's date. A friend of mine works for the city, and they throw away film after 1 year past it's date, sometimes only a box or two, sometimes 20 boxes! Sometimes the image is half blank... but it's still really cool to play with. Have fun! I've never had a problem with the batteries in the film being too weak, they always seem to have plenty of juice, even after 2+ years past expiration.:smile:

3. Oh yea, trees are great subjects for Polaroid shots! Lighting is the hardest thing to deal with for the most part... You have to get used to the tool. :) Congrats on you good finds!

BTW, are you running a modded gen 3 turbo or some kind of insane v8 conversion? Just trying to figure out your username...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2007