Anyone see this? Photographer steals gear from other photographers.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Unfortunately, not all folks are trustworthy. No different for photographers, nor teachers, nor doctors, policemen or any other group. And those people are only a very small percentage of the overall population in that field. People make decisions....and those decisions reveal only their true moral character.

Thankfully, Petapixel has now changed the name of the article, because using Anthony Bourdain's name in there was rather misleading and confusing, to say the least! (Clickbait, much?!) I am really surprised that this guy hasn't been formally arrested and charged; IMHO returning the stolen goods to the rightful owners is not enough -- the bottom line is he still committed a serious crime and a huge breach of trust with fellow photographers. Obviously his career in photography is now going to be over, as who would hire him, who would want to work with him or share studio space with him?

Unfortunately, not all folks are trustworthy. No different for photographers, nor teachers, nor doctors, policemen or any other group. And those people are only a very small percentage of the overall population in that field. People make decisions....and those decisions reveal only their true moral character.
I remember when I started running as an adult in 1980. People who promoted the sport came up with all sorts of stuff. One was no one who ran would get a heart attack. Another phrase was, "I never met a runner I did not like." After a while though people got real and realized Runner’s were only special because they ran.

I can't recall his name, but wasn't there some guy who promoted running almost to the level of a religion, as being "the" only and superior way to maintain a healthy, long life -- and then one day he dropped dead of a heart attack while running....
I read stuff Jim Fixx wrote including his book and I wouldn't remotely characterize his promotion of running at all that way. As for the day he dropped dead of a heart attack while running, he had known for a long time that he had had a problem with his heart. He died about 35 years ago when a lot less was known about medical science than today.

Please document a valid example of when Fixx promoted running as you described so I can be corrected.

Real Name
Chris
I read stuff Jim Fixx wrote including his book and I wouldn't remotely characterize his promotion of running at all that way. As for the day he dropped dead of a heart attack while running, he had known for a long time that he had had a problem with his heart. He died about 35 years ago when a lot less was known about medical science than today.

Please document a valid example of when Fixx promoted running as you described so I can be corrected.
35 years ago? Wow, it really doesn't seem that long ago! Jim Fixx died unexpectrdly of heart failure, even though he was a proponent of exercise to (in part) prevent such a biological failure. Tough luck.
S#*#t happens.
It's a fact, you will be happier and do more if your body is feeling good. If you die tomorrow, that's the way it goes, but try not to.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom