Anyone seen the new Velvia 50 yet?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by little big man, Jun 27, 2007.

1. The press release from last fall said it would be available in the spring of 2007...?

2. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    nah, i'll ask my boss 'bout it though... see if he can order it.

3. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    I've not seen it for sale yet, didn't even see any in Tokyo when I went in April. I'm still using the old Velvia though and have no complaints, with the added bonus that most of the old Velvia stock is short dated and goes very cheap!

4. I'm down to my last 5 or 6 rolls - I have been able to find old stock in various freezers from time to time. There's still that nagging question of 'how good' the new stuff will be that I'd like to find out.

5. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    Yeah I just stocked up on another 10 rolls of the stuff, I love it. The new stuff should be out soon though, apparently this shot in Flickr is of the new Velvia 50, I had heard Fuji gave out a roll to people who attended some event, although my memory fails me as to which event and when right now.

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I haven't seen it in France yet. I only had the chance to shoot one roll with Velvia ( hey I'm young :biggrin: ) but just after that one I'm eager for the new one to hit the shelves !!

7. Ken Rockwell is reporting that he got some free samples, and made some shots with the old and new 50; according to him they look the same on the light table. Kudos to Fuji!

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm ready! Although I 'see' in b&w, I'll shoot some when it's available. Kodachrome 25 is what got me interested in photography, and this is the modern equivalent, or so I understand.

9. i've got a five pack of 120 on order.

left Chiba prefecture late 7/14, left Tokyo metropolis very early 7/15, now traveling back in time...

arrived 11 am monday 7/16.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007