1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone shipping Tokina 11-16MM??

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by shooter711, Jul 9, 2008.

1. shooter711

shooter711

Feb 28, 2008
    pleasanton
    So disgusted with Adorama I could puke...how come Europe and other sites are shipping some of this lens?
    What is up? My first pre-order nightmare...no communication other than manufacturer late...no sense of where I am on list....5 weeks late already....time to quit buying there? Completely unacceptable by my book...BJ

2. HelenOster

HelenOster Guest

I am sorry that you have not received the level of service which we usually pride ourselves on at Adorama, however, if you would liketo contct me directly, helen.oster@adoramacamera.com, with your order number, and any other details that you think may help (eg how our customer service department responded to your query) then I will look into it imediately.

I do look forward to hearing from you

sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

3. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    WOW, sounds like you signed on here to bash Adorama and your post reads like an emotional over reaction.
    I have never had a single problem with Adorama and consider them equal to b&h in every way....
    Their photo service is actually my favorite

4. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I have ordered mine in May when the first 11-16mm arrived in the Netherlands and still have not got one. None of the shops here seem to have gotten them after that first batch :wink: I hear this is also the case in England

5. I'm on a waiting list and ETA in Canada is late August. The distributors are waiting like everyone else.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

6. HelenOster

HelenOster Guest

I now have an update: When Tokina announced the new lens, we took an unexpectedly high number of preorders, but Tokina is only shipping them in bits and pieces.
    So far, we have more than 500 on order from them but have only received about 150.

I understand and apologise for your frustration, but This is completely not in our control. Perhaps your anger would be better directed at Tokina, for not either manufacturing or releasing the lens quickly enough.

When we finally take delivery of the lenses, they will go out in the order in which they were ordered. You are, of course, welcome to cancel your order, and try to secure one from Europe or one of the other stores which has possibly received a greater allocation.

Helen Oster

7. 130meow

130meow

Apr 22, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    I preordered with Adorama on April 24th and the item was shipped on June 24th. I did call Adorama's customer service to change my credit card info in early June and I was told that they will ship on the week of 8th of June. Although they were late (there's probably a huge demand for it everywhere and Tokina is not keeping up with the shipping), I did find their service excellent.

Yes the wait was long but the lens is worth it!

I am in Canada.

8. Helen

Thanks for the info on the Tokina 11-16. I usually shop in Canada due to extra costs crossing the border but some products in the US are half of Canadian retail. I know you guys have a good reputation and I'll be shopping at your site next time.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

9. rampal

rampal

May 4, 2008
    @Newbury, UK
    I bought mine on BH, one day in June when they received them.... it seems they last like for a day or less.... before midnight they sold every single one they had. I was lucky to get one myself...

10. You can always go through eBay and buy it from one of the Japanese dealers. That is what I did and I had the lens before it was released in the US. You will pay more for it and you will not have a US warranty.

11. shooter711

shooter711

Feb 28, 2008
    pleasanton
    Well I did not have to go to Ebay...went to another site with guidance from the good Cafe bretheren and sisteren....All the Difference in the World !!! They claimed they had one on web...but did not, and had to cancel order and refund...They were pleasant AND communicative. I have a good one in my hands less than two weeks later. Adorama approach: Telesales will not tell me how many they have received and will not tell me where I am on list...Whats her name from Adorama is very concerned over this email...they shipped the wrong size pouch for this lens...that's going back tomorrow...I can't imagine Adorama is good for anything but fulfillment at this point. I am tired of this topic and will not respond to further posts. I will not make this mistake again re: "we will take your order and have it soon. " All I can say: Patronize smaller establishments. I can only gather Tokina is tired of this too.

12. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Adorama? I pre-ordered mine immediately on April 11th from them and received it May 15th. That's how it goes with hot new and unique Nikon gear like this. If you're not pre-ordering immediately, you'll be only God knows where on some miles deep backorder list, in which case you might be better off hunting and searching around locally or smaller establishments. If you think this is bad, you should have seen the 18-200VR fiasco. :tongue:

Anyways, glad you found one. :smile:

13. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Oh I don't think Tokina is "tired" of this. i'm absolutely sure that they're ECSTATIC that they have such a hot and unique lens that everybody wants that they probably have orders out the wazoo for! :wink: :biggrin: It does create nightmares for retailers with backorder lists though, because they have no idea how many orders to take and at what rate they'll be receiving the lenses.

14. HelenOster

HelenOster Guest

shooter711

I am sorry that you feel this way about Adorama, but delighted that you received your lens.
    FYI: the telesales team members are discouraged from giving out expected dates of the arrival of goods into the Adorama warehouse; if we are promised a consignment by a manufacturer or distributor, that they fail to fulfil, we are left disappointing customers. It is for this reason that (particularly with high demand items), we only give a window of our hoped for date(s) of receipt - and do not debit a customer's card until we know we are able to despatch.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
    helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

15. Westvleteren

Westvleteren Guest

Interesting to know retailers monitor this site ...

16. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.