Anyone shooting the Fuji Instax?

I bought one of the Mini 90's little retro cameras, and they are so much fun. I told my wife I was going to get one to bring to wedding to take instant photos of families dancing and such, just for fun, and she ended up loving it.

Film isn't terribly expensive, although not cheap. But man, I love it!

using it for a year now. lovely pix. but all family related so no share.
not so good at landscapes.

I picked up an Instax Wide back to put on one of my Graflex cameras, but haven't had a chance to get the job done.

I don't have anything to share quite yet. Just really been enjoying the camera.

I instagram a few images of the shots, so here's two:

i-dnNfpWv.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-PWg8tpB.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I shoot pack film in my Polaroids and the thrill of instant pictures still can't be replaced by digital. Fuji seems to be trying to get away from the pack film so Instax looks like it may be our only choice. Lomography is now making Instax backs that I am looking on adapting to the old Polaroid cameras. Also I believe the Instax film is ISO 800 so it should be good without flash.
Pete

I have it ( Instax wide 210 ) yet it's late to talk about it now (1 am over here) - Just let me tell you that I took it with me in my recent Central Asia trip and I left about 40-ish 6x7 pictures to local people who were *very* surprised and happy to have a *real* picture of them on paper and not only tiny images on old cell phones. I made their days more and more times, and who cares if I left 40 euros in pictures.. their grateful smile was priceless.

What a great little story, Dino! I'm finding the same thing, both around my house and at weddings I shoot that having instant pictures can be super fun.

I had an Instax for awhile, gave it to a close friend after her Instax died. The images were OK but in bright sun, they were always washed out since the shutter speed is set to 1/60th second and at f/22 - using ISO 800 - the "sunny 16" rule still applies here. I found it more of a novelty, but the guy who used it to gain trust (Dino) with his subjects has the best use for this camera....

I have it ( Instax wide 210 ) yet it's late to talk about it now (1 am over here) - Just let me tell you that I took it with me in my recent Central Asia trip and I left about 40-ish 6x7 pictures to local people who were *very* surprised and happy to have a *real* picture of them on paper and not only tiny images on old cell phones. I made their days more and more times, and who cares if I left 40 euros in pictures.. their grateful smile was priceless.

That is what I find to be the most fun about instant (Polaroid/Instax) photography. It is surprising how many people do not even know that it exists and when you hand them a print, they are just as awed as if it were 1948. The real trick is to make two photos so you can keep one for yourself. I think Instax film cameras would be easier for that than the peel apart Polaroid film. I even started a Flickr group "Polaroid given away".
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2208364@N25/
As with most Polaroid groups, the Instax film is also included. I only have two members including myself and sure could use some more.
Pete

Well, I liked the Mini 90 Neo Classic so much, I bought the Instax Wide 210. The pictures are twice as big and the price seems to be about the same but the images are so much more easy to view. I already love it!

Last edited:
Got an Instax Mini and 2 x Polaroid Image/Spectra.
Instax is not used as often as my HP Sprocket does the same thing from my smartphone.
The Polaroids are simply in a class of their own, expensive but very nice unique pictures.

Last edited:
The Polaroids are simply in a class of their own, expensive but very nice unique pictures.

I used to think Polaroids were very expensive as well - but then I thought.....
"....well, the Polaroid is distinctly larger than the Instax Mini and Instax Square"....

Real Name
Andrew
I have 3 instax capable cameras. A diana f+ with Instax mini back, a Neo 90 and a Lomography Instax'wide.

I like them all, but use them rarely. I plan on starting to use them more and more along with the lo-fi digital cameras I own like the Holga digital and the Yashica Y35.

I keep a Flickr album with the images I scan(when I remember to...usually other people want the prints).
Instax Images

On a business side, I've been using the Instax as an add on to what I do, usually shooting it during events and placing the prints on a table as the night progresses. People seem to love seeing what was captured. Did it during a wedding reception and the couple were over the moon about it. The attendees kept gathering around the table to see what new prints showed up every few minutes.

One REALLY nice thing about the Instax Square is that due to Fuji NOT going for an 'art type' image but rather a film imitation of a digital image (more on this in the future), one can sell individual prints for $5 each.

That being said, Polaroid is still my preference (more on this in the future).

Latest threads

Top Bottom