Anyone speak Italian?

i know latin... so here is my best shot at it

I really love this one. Thousand(s) kisses to/for you. Excellent (superb). Congratulations.

im pretty certain this is right

I'm curious to know what the translation is for this comment someone left on one of my pictures over in Model Mayhem. I know it's positive and it's slang... other than that, not a clue.

Buono amore mio. mille baci per te. Superbe. Felicitations.
C'mon, this is easy. It says: Duizend kusjes, liefje. Prachtig, gefeliciteerd!

Ciao Czechman
I'm italian and what they said is (or at least it looks) like a great compliment. Correcting what Jaymc said, "superbe" isn't "arrogant" (like maybe in French), but exactly as in english: "Superb, wonderful, outstanding.."
The fact he/she is writing you in slang and what he/she's saying is quite intimate.. and strange. to tell the truth, if it wasn't your girlfriend or someone loving you, I'd say this is (take it with tongs) even a "whore". Especially coloured women coming from Africa use here the word "amore" to attract customers. "Buono amore mio" isn't something you say to the first passing on your road.. I'd deepen the knowledge of that girl (I hope is a girl...) if you are single..
All the best and let me know if you (or anyone) has other question concerning Italian. :)

Babelfish, yeah right....!

Good love mine thousand kisses for you. Arrogant. Felicitations.

Hmmmm ...

From http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

- Jay
Yeah right.....as a person of direct Italian descent I am "amused":Shocked:

How on earth babelfish could translate "superbe" (meaning "superb"....but in the plural) into the french equivalent stupefies me to say the least; even would offend me a bit if I didn't know about these funny quirks of these online translators.:confused:

Ciao Czechman
I'm italian and what they said is (or at least it looks) like a great compliment...
The fact he/she is writing you in slang and what he/she's saying is quite intimate.. and strange. to tell the truth, if it wasn't your girlfriend or someone loving you, I'd say this is (take it with tongs) even a "whore"... I'd deepen the knowledge of that girl (I hope is a girl...) if you are single.
OMG, your commentary brought laughter and tears. I'm glad I wasn't drinking my morning cappuccino when I read it, or it would have come through my nose. You're definitely Italian :biggrin:.

Ciao Frank

nice to see you again... yes, I'm definitely Italian, no doubt on that.. :) A proverb here says: "God creates the world and all its nations, then Italians to smile now and then"

J

jaymc

Sorry to threadjack , but how is "superbe" suppposed to be arrogant in French ? :confused:

It has exactly the same meaning as in English :wink:
Julien,

Using http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr , it translates "superbe" to be "arrogant" when translating from Italian to English. When transtlated from French to English it is "suberb". :confused:

I guess babelfish gets confused sometimes.

- Jay

I am only italian by heritage, and wish I could speak the language just for the sake of it. But I do know a smidge of italian...and by a smidge I mean one phrase...but as any italian will tell you, it's a phrase that ALL italian grandmothers LOVE to hear:

Nonna, sono affamato! Alimentilo!

I am only italian by heritage, and wish I could speak the language just for the sake of it. But I do know a smidge of italian...and by a smidge I mean one phrase...but as any italian will tell you, it's a phrase that ALL italian grandmothers LOVE to hear:

Nonna, sono affamato! Alimentilo!
If you ever have a hankering to learn, get the Pimsleur CDs. I tried both that and the Rosetta stone and find the former better. Rosetta stone has flashy advertising and the CDs are filled up with images. This is great for vocabulary (nouns) but Pimsleur actually teaches you to think and pronounce correctly.

I was trying out the few lessons I'd learned in Rome last May and a couple natives on first hearing me thought I was fluent in Italian. This is a tribute to the Pimsleur method. I'm boning up for May 2008 when we go back. If you can make it why not join us at the European Get Together in Tuscany in May 2008 and try out your newly learned Italian?

Rich

While I'd love to head to italy, and I will someday as my family has roots there somewhere, it won't be in the budget for a LONG time. If it were not for the $$$ all I would have to say to my wife is "Hey honey, what do you think about Tuscany in May?"....she'd be packin' the bags before I could blink!!!!

While I'd love to head to italy, and I will someday as my family has roots there somewhere, it won't be in the budget for a LONG time. If it were not for the $$$ all I would have to say to my wife is "Hey honey, what do you think about Tuscany in May?"....she'd be packin' the bags before I could blink!!!!
Hi Raven

I already posted it somewhere else.. for Tuscany (around Florence) if you want a really >> GREAT << place to spend a romantic holiday... try here:

http://www.tenuta-leviste.it/index-it.asp

(but remember to have your visa fully charged that month!!! quite expensive for your "light" dollars, I guess about 250-300$ per night)

All the best

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom