Anyone try Google CHROME Browser

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by randyr5, Sep 9, 2008.

1. randyr5

randyr5

Jan 14, 2006
    Michigan
    Has anyone tried out the new CHROME browser from Google? I installed it and for one, it opens pages very fast. Plus, you can set it up to open multiple web sites when you start it, not just a home page.

So far, I kind of like it.

2. you can set Firefox (and I think IE7 too) to open multiple pages when you start it too

Google already owns enough of the world - no need for it to take over my browser too!

3. Use Google Chrome since the first day. Until now no problems. Of course one has to get used to the interface. But must say: very fast compared to IE.
    IE can also open multiple pages from start. Firefox I don't know.

BTW: Google ownes a lot, MS does also!

4. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    Yes firefox can open multi tab home page http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/|http://blogs.adobe.com/ Is how it does it

5. primoz

primoz

Aug 25, 2008
    Willoughby, Oh
    I've tried Chrome at its first release and I think it's a light and fast browser. It is still in the beta phase and, being open source I'm sure add-ons will be forthcoming, but until at least adblock is available, I'm sticking with Firefox. Being that Google sells billions of advertising I'm not sure how welcoming they'll be to an ad blocker though ... time will tell. I've heard other people express their concerns about data mining through the Chrome browser as well but I haven't really looked into that side of things.

I do like and use Google's 800-Goog-411 though :smile:

6. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Don't forget anything "google" (toolbar, desktop, browser, etc) is going to "phone home" and tell the googlites exactly what you are doing, where you're going, and what you did when you were there.

No thanks, IE and Firefox work well enough for me I don't need an internet company keeping an eye on what I'm doing.

7. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Chrome is pretty, small and fast. However, I would have a problem abandon FF until Chrome supports extensions.

8. glumetu

glumetu

Apr 3, 2008
    Romania
    I also use Chrome at the office instead of IE7. Huge improvement in speed and stability.

However I will not drop my home FF (anyway it runs under Linux and there is no Linux Chrome) - so many useful extensions that help me browse safely - adblock, noscript etc

9. Hayden

Hayden Guest

Been using chrome since its release --- love it. Except it's having facebook problems but that's a minor issue.

10. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Crashed on me a couple times so ill stick with ff until i have a reason not to use it.

11. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Still a devoted FireFox guy here. Haven't tried Google Chrome.

12. TommyO

TommyO

Oct 16, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yes, I have. It doesn't do most of the pages I frequent and the biggest killer for it in my opinion - no FoxMarks! I cannot live without FoxMarks to keep all my bookmarks synced between all my different computers (across O/S's even) for FireFox. The other thing Chrome lacked was IETab, the ability to force emulation of Internet Explorer on some pages really needing it (like MS update pages).

13. ncsumd93

ncsumd93

Apr 24, 2008
    nc
    I only use Firefox. Lots of people like Chrome, but I've read about it having security flaws.

14. Tried Google Chrome... uninstalled it. Google Chrome is going to fail, its been declining users ever since its release.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.