1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone try the new 'Texture' silder in Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Jonathan F/2, May 17, 2019.

1. Anyone try the new 'Texture' silder in Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom? These aren't the best example, but I find I can increase the clarity slider, without getting too gritty by toning back the texture slider. Probably works better for portraits, but I wanted to see how it works for other types of scenes!

Shot with the Nikon D750 + Sigma 15-30mm EX DG:
    47076578944_a4e343efaf_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

190512_Sigma_FLARE_PHOTOS_FRIOLO_001 by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

47081126794_bdb00e6465_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

190512_Sigma_FLARE_PHOTOS_FRIOLO_002 by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

I have not yet tried it, but from what I have seen the idea is the exact opposite, i.e. you can decrease the Clarity slider and increase the Texture slider, giving a more natural result.

3. I tried it both ways, definitely prefer the texture down, and clarity up.

4. Capture One has a Structure slider that works similarly to the LR Texture slider. Negative structure helps smooth skin. Positive structure provides more detail akin to sharpening, but with a more natural look.

5. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Very similar to the Clarity slider. To the right improves fine detail/contrast. To the left softens.....

6. DXO has some very good micro adjustments for skin and texture. My usual workflow for portraits had me process raws through ACR and then finish off the images in DXO Filmpack. With the new texture slider, I might be able to skip using Filmpack altogether, but I need to shoot some portrait work to verify.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.