Anyone try the new 'Texture' silder in Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom?

Anyone try the new 'Texture' silder in Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom? These aren't the best example, but I find I can increase the clarity slider, without getting too gritty by toning back the texture slider. Probably works better for portraits, but I wanted to see how it works for other types of scenes!

Shot with the Nikon D750 + Sigma 15-30mm EX DG:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

190512_Sigma_FLARE_PHOTOS_FRIOLO_001 by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

190512_Sigma_FLARE_PHOTOS_FRIOLO_002 by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Capture One has a Structure slider that works similarly to the LR Texture slider. Negative structure helps smooth skin. Positive structure provides more detail akin to sharpening, but with a more natural look.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Capture One has a Structure slider that works similarly to the LR Texture slider. Negative structure helps smooth skin. Positive structure provides more detail akin to sharpening, but with a more natural look.
Very similar to the Clarity slider. To the right improves fine detail/contrast. To the left softens.....

Very similar to the Clarity slider. To the right improves fine detail/contrast. To the left softens.....
DXO has some very good micro adjustments for skin and texture. My usual workflow for portraits had me process raws through ACR and then finish off the images in DXO Filmpack. With the new texture slider, I might be able to skip using Filmpack altogether, but I need to shoot some portrait work to verify.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom