Anyone use iMazing for iPhone backup to a MAC PRO?

I discovered this little gem today after running around in circles for hours while trying to understand my way through iTunes (it appears to be fixated on the fact I should be doing this with Apple’s iCloud) which I do not trust.

IMazing allowed me to dump iPhone content to a directory on my MacPro, about 11 GB of the 16 GB the phone has
in about 2 minutes!

Then my network supplier gagged and won’t be back until after 8 this evening

If one is dealing with photos only, no need for third-party software..... Just use Apple's own "Image Capture," which is part of every Apple computer. I use it periodically to transfer image files shot with the iPhone to my computer; as part of the process one can have the images deleted from the iPhone at the same time or can choose to retain them on there. I usually delete them from the iPhone to free up space on it. I keep few documents on my iPhone and the only other place where I have a lot of data is in iTunes: my music and movies. I don't ship all of that up to the cloud, I prefer to keep it locally right in iTunes on the device itself. Ditto for my iPads and computers.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom