Anyone used Toshiba SDHC Cards?

Hey All,
I came across those cards at a decent price:
SD-Class-10-8GB-large.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Toshiba 8GB Professional SDHC™ Card

I'm used to Sandisk SDHC Extreme III 30MB/s but those are a bit more expensive. They have Class 6 written on them.
The Toshiba ones have Class 10 written on them and 20MB/s speed.

I would like to know if they are reliable and fast enough for a D7000 in burst shooting. With the Sandisk ones I never had a problem and my D90 never choked in burst mode.

Thanks guys.

Toshiba has like 35% market share in NAND flash, so it's likely whatever you buy may have Toshiba chips in it.

Having said that, you have to be careful who you buy from - could be junk SDHC with a Toshiba sticker on it. You don't see Toshiba SDHC very often.

I guess I'm going with two of those for my D7000 cos I cannot seem to find any Sandisks Extreme cards at the moment, Class 10 should be no problem for burst shooting on a D7000 right?

Thanks corladon, I already own a Sandisk Extreme III card and don't hesitate to buy 2 more but the problem is that I cannot find any around here... There seems to be a shortage...
That's why I was looking at the Toshiba cos they were the best and fastest I could find :(

They might be compatible but they are probably quite a bit slower. The Patriot class 10 SDHC card I tested took 24 seconds to flush the buffer while the Extreme Pro 45 mb/s card only took 8.5 seconds. A significant difference and worth the increase in price between the Patriot and SanDisk Extreme Pro card.

If you are looking for burst shooting with a D7000 I would strongly consider the new Pro 45 mb/s cards.

you can't really judge a card's speed by any ratings, you have to test them. I haven't seen any tests of Toshiba cards.

I see what you guys mean and I get you, I really do; once I used the Sandisk Extreme III I never looked back!! But the problem is that I cannot order online as they cannot deliver to my country. But today I'm gonna go look and look and I'm not going back without Sandisk lol! I know I won't find the 45MB/s model but the 30MB/s will be fine.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom