Anyone using a Leica CL?

I briefly had a Leica loaned to me in college by a friend whose father had more money then he knew what to do with. It was a seductive camera.

Now decades later I'm finding myself contemplating the koolAid again. I've gotten this itch for a rangefinder, or at least a rangefinder style and right now just can't get my fiscal head around an M plus glass, but the CL seems approachable and a way to get into the ecosystem (and yes I realize it's not an M10 . . .).

Anyone using a CL in comparison to a Nikon Z50?

Thanks

I actually have both.

The digital CL is a very nice camera, small and light but not flimsy, and capable of producing very good images. Together with the TL lenses, you have have a very good quality compact system. Of course you can also use the full frame L lenses which are bigger and more expensive.

I have the 18/2.8, 35/1.4 and the 55-135.

I was seriously tempted by one and could still be. You get the option of all the L-mount lenses from Leica, Panasonic and Sigma plus, with a small adaptor, the M-mount jewels if you don't mind manual focus. Now there are also rumours that indicate a new, smaller SL by the end of the year.

I briefly had a Leica loaned to me in college by a friend whose father had more money then he knew what to do with. It was a seductive camera.

Now decades later I'm finding myself contemplating the koolAid again. I've gotten this itch for a rangefinder, or at least a rangefinder style and right now just can't get my fiscal head around an M plus glass, but the CL seems approachable and a way to get into the ecosystem (and yes I realize it's not an M10 . . .).

Anyone using a CL in comparison to a Nikon Z50?

Thanks
I am using a CL. I have enjoyed it tremendously. I use it for everything except wild life. It is compact and light weight. The optics are very good. I have not tried any of the M mount lenses or 3rd party lenses yet. The Sigma 100-400 gets good reviews on it (L mount). But there are some setting issues to deal with. I currently only have the 18-56 kit lens but will get the 11-23 once Covid restrictions lift and I can travel safely.

Here are some photos I have taken.
Low Rider EaDo (LC1000019)

L1000199

L1000274

I have had the black and whites printed 12 x 18". Neither had any noticeable graining.

I am using a CL. I have enjoyed it tremendously. I use it for everything except wild life. It is compact and light weight. The optics are very good. I have not tried any of the M mount lenses or 3rd party lenses yet. The Sigma 100-400 gets good reviews on it (L mount). But there are some setting issues to deal with. I currently only have the 18-56 kit lens but will get the 11-23 once Covid restrictions lift and I can travel safely.

Here are some photos I have taken.
View attachment 1674728Low Rider EaDo (LC1000019)

View attachment 1674729L1000199

View attachment 1674730L1000274

I have had the black and whites printed 12 x 18". Neither had any noticeable graining.
Nice shots. We had to cancel our trip this past fall to Zion, Bryce and Moab. We are hoping for next year.

Nice shots. We had to cancel our trip this past fall to Zion, Bryce and Moab. We are hoping for next year.
The black and whites were taken along the rim trail. The first one was near Inspiration Point on the side of the trail away from the rim. I remember it as being near where we walked up from the parking lot. The other was taken closer to the lodge. I hope you can go on your trip next year. The lodges as Bryce and Zion are both well run. I recommend both.

The CL was the only camera I had with me on the last trip there. It was plenty. I had thought about taking the Nikon with the 200-500. It would have been a waste. There was more scenery than wild life.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom