Anyone using a wind machine for model's hair?

Anyone using a wind machine?

How do you get the blowing hair, regular fan? Leaf blower is noisy but I think it could work:biggrin:

Stephanie

A hair dryer (on low to moderate speed) works well too... Be careful not to blow hot air into the model's face!

(Should we start a "blowist" thread now :Wink:?)

Other possibilities:

~Use a fan with various speed settings. Hair dryer might be fine but the hot air on a summer day ain't fun.

or

~the old fashioned way....a person available with a flat surface board and "fan" at the subject/model. (and it's free, you just need a person with 2 hands. :smile:)

P

Paul.r.lindqvist

Nope but a

vacuum cleaner.:biggrin:

jemima_hair.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Paul

How in the world can a vacuum cleaner blow hair, not suck in it like it does on carpeting? (suction)

I'm trying to figure this one out!

Oh yeah, fun shot of the young lady with hair out like that. :smile:

Paul
How in the world can a vacuum cleaner blow hair, not suck in it like it does on carpeting? (suction)
I'm trying to figure this one out!

MY wife has a Miele vacuum with a reverse (blow) setting she uses on lampshades and curtains. Cats love it.BTW I would not use a leaf blower unless you want to pry the contact lenses right out of her eyes.

P

Paul.r.lindqvist

Actually its on the floor infront of her, the exhaust is blowing air out while vacuum. .-) not something you recommend for people who's allergic. .-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go with the office fan on a stand - and turn of the occilate. On some of the models you can adjust the height (of the fan, not the model !)

P

Packard

A leaf blower will work if you get it far enough away so that the noise doesn't kill you.

If you go to a woodworkers' supply house they will have saw dust collection equipment, including 3", 4" and 5" diameter flex hose (black).

Hose clamp about 20' of this onto the end of a leaf blower and put the blower in the next room. All you need then is to construct a yoke to hold the end of the hose to direct it at the model. A wireless remote to the wall outlet would be your on/off.

You'd be hard put to justify $1,000.00 for a wind machine.

I cut the bottom off of a plastic planter so that I had a truncated plastic cone. I used wire to attach it to the front of a 12" diameter fan. It aimed the wind pretty well, but you had to bring it quite close to the model to get a good effect.

S

sillybgoat

I have a Spa blower, which I have put a house light dimmer on. so you can adjust the power.....

If anyone in AUS wants to buy one I have a couple of spares (new without the dimmer on).

F

fivegrand

Stanley worksite fan. Five speeds, sits on the floor and is elevation-angle adjustable. Takes up about 1 sq foot on the floor, so it's easily hand held by an assistant. Can be had at Home Depot for $40.

Thanks everyone, some great ideas here, just in time for the yearbook crowd.

Paul, great capture of a very pretty girl!

Stephanie

Latest threads

Top Bottom