1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone using an SB-24 or SB-28 on a D300 Succesfully?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by bdelva, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Help!

I just bought a F5 from a member here in the Cafe(Thanks GoGo!), and there was a SB-24 included in the package. I thought that I was not going to be able to use it on the D300 before the sale, but now I know it can be used somewhat.

Ok, I know that there are serious limitations to using an older flash on the new digital bodies, but can someone please tell me what will I be able to use and how. I have no clue to how to use this thing....

Thanks in advance!

2. mchung

mchung

Sep 17, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    As far as I can recall, the only semi-intelligent mode you can only use the flash in is Auto; that is, it will decide when it's emitted enough light and will then shut off. The camera has no say in it.

It's a bit disappointing to not have any kind of TTL metering at all, seeing as they did back then with the film bodies. Results can vary, but auto mode can produce just fine results when matched with the ISO setting. I used my old SB-28 fine for a while with my D200 until I got an SB-800. Of course the manual flash and the strobe mode should work just fine.

Edit: oops, didn't see this was a repeated post.

Martin

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.