1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone Watch D-Town TV?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sylvesterii, Aug 5, 2009.

1. If so, what is with the production lately? Way choppy, and strange looking. Not to mention during the bogen section you could see their lighting on the sides? Did they just loose their production guys and hire some interns or something?

2. luke_28

luke_28

May 12, 2008
    North
    This weeks episode wasn't as fluid as previous, but it was still good for the price. ;) 
    I think Scott & Matt have a great chemistry.

3. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Photographers are not videographers :) 

4. I noticed the last few segments seem to appear a little different. But for the price I am not complaining.

5. I watched it a few times on my ipod Touch.
    Nice guys and slick production, but the content is pretty much beginners material (which of course is fine).

6. have they started doing more advanced tips yet or are they still on basic stuff? i like the show but found what they where saying i already knew

7. lol beat me to it

8. manishg

manishg

Jul 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I love the show. Even though sometimes its basic stuff for me do pick up a few things here and there plus its a short video each thursday so I usually watch it on my iphone while on the train.

9. Max Power

Max Power

Jan 11, 2009
    St Paul, MN
    I enjoy it, but I rarely learn anything.

10. Garth

Garth

Jan 25, 2009
    Lancashire. UK.
    I watch it on the computer, doesn't cost, probably ten episodes behind I expect, episode 23 its up to.

11. darkside

darkside

Jan 2, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    I try to watch it every week, occasionally I learn something. If not, then it gives me something entertaining to watch at work.

12. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    I moved on to better podcasts for this reason.

13. Somewhat entertaining at times. I think these shows are meant for the beginner and novice.

14. TommyO

TommyO

Oct 16, 2008
    West Michigan
    I never miss an episode. My son watches them with me with his D50 in-hand. I really like that they have put this together and offer not only free training but a Q&A forum through Brad. Hats-off to the D-Town crew for putting this on for us for FREE!

15. Can you give us/me links to any of them?
    Thanks

16. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    I made a post a few weeks back titled podcasts on general section. I narrowed it to 2 that fit my needs. Studiolighting.net and prophotoshow.net

I can hunt down the thread if u do t get it

17. The Moose Peterson tips are pretty useful.
    I watch it when I'm bored. Unfortunately, it's usually really boring. They should structure them more like Kelby Training videos which I think are quite good.

18. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    I Do. Some stuff is good & some is far to beginner level but all n all I like it.

19. luke_28

luke_28

May 12, 2008
    North
    Studiolighting.net is great. Prophotoshow.net is not so good for me.
    CameraDojo, Nikonians, Photofocus and TWIP are also good.

20. Max Power

Max Power

Jan 11, 2009
    St Paul, MN
    I imagine as they get most beginner areas covered and archived, they may move on to more advanced topics. That is, of course, if they don't feel they are costing themselves paid business.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.