Anyone Watch the Last Episode of the The Sopranos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rick Waldroup, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Anyone here happen to catch the last Sopranos episode. It just ended and the ending was absolutely brilliant. A super way for the show to go out. I am a huge fan and will really miss what I think is maybe the best TV show ever produced. But at least it went out on top and with the viewer guessing.

Bravo to The Sopranos.

2. dropped my jaw

I was sitting there waiting for what I thought was an obvious ending and my jaw dropped when the set went black. I thought my tv wen out and and I was about to jump up an kick it thinking i missed the killer ending, pun intended.

Great ending and it looks like we may even get another season if Tony agrees to come back.

Scott

3. Scott, you are not alone. I thought my wife was going to have a heart attack when the screen went dead. I thought my satellite thingy had gone out.

Wow, what an ending. And you are right. It leaves the door open for all kinds of possibilities.

4. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I hated the ending. I hated the whole episode...it's like they were scrambling to fill the hour.
    If it was life goes on, why not have them sit down to eat together, then fade to black.
    The cut to black was horrible, IMHO. I think the loyal fans deserved better than that. Judging by all the angry posts at HBO.com, I'm not alone in my opinion.

5. I've been a fan since day one and IMO the ending was sheer genius...Every fan gets to fill in their own blank (does Tony get hit? does life go on?, does Sil recover? Does Tony start putting the moves on AJ's therapist?). I actually laughed out loud! The beauty of the show has always been about the fact that it's never been "neat"...either Tony getting whacked or a fade to black as they keep eating would have been a weak and predictable way to go out. I'll definitely miss it.

6. Yeah, right when it was over I thought to myself, well, people are either going to love this ending or they are going to hate it.

Actually the last two episodes were two of the best ever. With Bobby's murder in the train shop to the ending of the last episode- it is some of the finest American film making to come along in many,many years.

Did you like the little ode to Michael Corleone when the fellow at the counter got up and went to the john? How about increasing the tension as Meadow kept trying to park her car. How about the soundtrack that kept getting louder and louder as it neared the end. Then you see Meadow running across the street, you hear the jingle of the door as it opens and then the cut to Tony and then blackness- absolutely brilliant stuff.

The show was never neat and tidy and was always full of surprises- much like life is. I am so glad that Chase decided to end the show the way he did. Not neat and tidy and no fade away to black. That would have been a cop-out to the fans.

7. I think they are just setting us up for "Sopranos The Movie".

8. Fred, you are probably right about that.:biggrin:

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I agree.

10. Local TV rumor is that there will be a "further" ending on the DVD (when released). Dunno if it's true, I'm not usually a fan of the rumor mill. :wink:

I too thought the satellite had gone out. It was a brilliant ending!

11. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    Meadow

Meadow Soprano to Tony, "The state has the power to crush the individual"
    Tony's reply, "New Jersey?"

12. Hahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!

13. Yeah I almost fell out of my chair when Tony asked that.:biggrin:

14. I think Gretchen hit the nail on the head. DVD sales will probably set new records if they include the three endings they are rumored to have made. something for nearly everyone. They were already selling for record prices for just the first half of the season, I can't imagine how much revenue will be made for the full season with multiple endings available only on DVD.

15. Sounds as ambiguous as the ending of "Life on Mars" (I don't think you have had or will have the great pleasure of that in the USA - far to British :cool:). We are a bit behind on the Sopranos here so perhaps we will get a different ending. :confused:

16. Just finished watching it - incredible show.... so sorry to see it finish. The voice coach on this series must have had a blast getting that Joisey accent down pat. Great ending - leaves the door open - no pun intended.

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Chase = Vito Jr.

Audience = The shower floor

:D

RFC

18. I do have to say that while I felt that the "blackout" ending was lacking I do love the way they put the conflict with Phil to rest.