ANZAC Day 2007

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by NZDoug, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Rather than hijack Shawns thread, I thot Id put up some of my efforts from yesterday.
    First shot , the crowd at 5,30 AM. at Auckland Domain. There was 15,000 there for the sunrise ceremony.
    crowd.
    second shot,
    Soldiers and crowd on the drill parade wih the raising of the NZ and Australian flags, the Last Post, Reveille etc.
    The light flares were from the TV crews tungsten lighting, better than no light..
    View attachment 92465
    A loose shot of the Domain as the dawn light was breaking.
    View attachment 92466
    A lad placing his poppy on the Cenotaph, at daybreak.
    poppiesBoy.
    First 3 shots, omn the 12-24dx, last shot 80-200AF D lens, ll shots s2pro asa 400. on matrix -1.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
  2. compelling!

3. Great shots, Doug - when I was there I didn't know about the dawn ceremonies. I was still on States time so I was up plenty early, but just unaware, so I'm glad to see your images.

Sean

4. THX! Dave,
    Shawn, it was good to see your post, Im 6 months behind in my editing so you made me get off my rear.:redface:
    THX!

5. Very interesting and enjoyable, Doug.

6. Thank you, sir!:smile: