Aperture 1.5.3

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by peterparker, Apr 19, 2007.

1. peterparker

peterparker

Jun 2, 2006
    Houston
    From the Aperture dev mailing list...

"Aperture 1.5.3 is available via Software Update. In addition to other
    bugs, it fixes the problem with the "xxxx with Counter" naming
    presets not actually counting."

2. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks for the heads up!

3. Downloading now.

4. Thanks, I'm going to download it now.

5. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Got it here. At least it didn't blow up the first time I started Aperture.

6. gotterdone, thanks!

7. Hey, thanks! Didn't know about this....will download and install in this machine right now and tomorrow will take care of the Mac Pro.... thanks!

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thank you!

Updating now.

9. Donald D

Donald D

Aug 19, 2006
    It fixed some interesting issues that I was having. Fullscreen was slower than syrup on a winter day, and now it is actually usable. Also Aperture would just crash out of the blue when working with a large project, now that seems to be gone also.

10. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    There's also a Security update for all of us Macusers. No problem on my G5 :cool:

11. Thanks David. Updated last night.

12. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    I noticed the fullscren mode was MUCH faster on my Macbook Pro.
    Everything seems so much snappier.
    I just wish we could export to an external editor in .jpeg.
    I use CS3 as my external editor and I like to start out in Camera Raw. And in order to do that I have to have my files in RAW or .jpeg. Aperture only lets me export with .psd or .tif
    Anyone know a solution?

13. Is there a particular reason you do not wish to export PSD to CS3?

One way would be to export the RAW file to a folder and then open using Camera Raw? You do then lose the opportunity to move it back to Aperture I believe, unless you import it.

14. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    i have no problem using PSD, its just that I would like to be able to open it immediately in Camera RAW. Is there a way to set CS3 to open all PSDs in Camera Raw first.
    I know how to do it with JPEGs and RAWs, but anytime I open a PSD it goes straight into the normal program instead of through Camera Raw first.

15. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    Hi Blake,

I'm not I understand why you want to take a file through Apple's RAW developer into Adobe's RAW developer and then into Photoshop. Can you explain the benefits of this?

:confused:

16. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    i like how adobe camera raw has more options, such as vibrance, recovery, vignetting, etc...

but i like keeping everything in aperture for the organization

17. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    Sounds like Lightroom would be a better bet.... :wink:

18. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    i wish lightroom supported dual monitors....
    hopefully since both of these products are in their first iteration, they will steal stuff from eachother
    I hope Apple somehow finds a way to make Aperture less RAM hungry like lightroom is.
    My ideal Aperture 2.0 would steal tons of stuff from Lightroom
    I think Aperture 2.0 will bring some great features, as Aperture is still a "new" program and Apple seems to really listen to it's customers. Im not ready to jump ship yet.
    Id be surprised if Apple doesnt offer a more smooth integration with Photoshop CS3 with Aperture 2.0
    I think they were just waiting for an intel native version of the creative suite before they started integrating their own software with it.

19. I believe that Aperture can do these, just by another name, with the exception of vignetting. Have you tried highlights and shadows for recovery? Saturation by color for vibrance (maybe along with contrast)?

20. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    I'm not sure how much smoother it can get - I can "develop" my photo in Aperture then pass it out to PS for final adjustments and save it back in as a new version with all layers intact.