Aperture 2 Export into CS3

Discussion in 'Other Raw Processors' started by tipsord, Aug 28, 2008.

1. tipsord

tipsord

Sep 17, 2007
    scottsdale
    Just moved to Aperture 2. When I export a file to CS3, it keeps the original master and creates a 2nd file that has the processing done in CS3 on it. So when I'm done, I have 2 files where I used to have 1. If I go back and re-open the CS3 copy to do some further work on it, it creates another copy of the master, keeps the original CS3 file, and then creates a new CS3 file with the newest changes. Net, I now have 4 files. If I open the latest CS3 to add some additional changes, it once again makes another copy of the master, keeps the old CS3 and creates a new one. Now I have 6 files. Is this right? How do I avoid this without going back and manually deleting all the old copies?

Thanks for the help!

2. Hi there - I have the same setup - I find the only way to avoid this is to export a version to the desktop and open it in CS3 from the desktop. I then save these processed files on a separate hard drive. It may defeat the purpose of being able to edit in Aperture 2 but until Apple sort out this multiple file problem I find I'm stuck with it.

3. mdirvin

mdirvin

Jan 30, 2007
    East TN
    Check your Preferences

In Aperture I only create a new version when first exporting to an external editor with my original raw file. After that I can edit the new version as many times as I want without creating a new file. You might want to check your Aperture preferences under "General". There is a check box that says "Create new version when making adjustments", be sure that is not checked.

Mike