1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Aperture 2 Export into CS3

Discussion in 'Other Raw Processors' started by tipsord, Aug 28, 2008.

1. tipsord

tipsord

Sep 17, 2007
    scottsdale
    Just moved to Aperture 2. When I export a file to CS3, it keeps the original master and creates a 2nd file that has the processing done in CS3 on it. So when I'm done, I have 2 files where I used to have 1. If I go back and re-open the CS3 copy to do some further work on it, it creates another copy of the master, keeps the original CS3 file, and then creates a new CS3 file with the newest changes. Net, I now have 4 files. If I open the latest CS3 to add some additional changes, it once again makes another copy of the master, keeps the old CS3 and creates a new one. Now I have 6 files. Is this right? How do I avoid this without going back and manually deleting all the old copies?

Thanks for the help!

2. Hi there - I have the same setup - I find the only way to avoid this is to export a version to the desktop and open it in CS3 from the desktop. I then save these processed files on a separate hard drive. It may defeat the purpose of being able to edit in Aperture 2 but until Apple sort out this multiple file problem I find I'm stuck with it.

3. mdirvin

mdirvin

Jan 30, 2007
    East TN
    Check your Preferences

In Aperture I only create a new version when first exporting to an external editor with my original raw file. After that I can edit the new version as many times as I want without creating a new file. You might want to check your Aperture preferences under "General". There is a check box that says "Create new version when making adjustments", be sure that is not checked.

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.