Aperture e-mail options

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by GBRandy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Is there a way to send images embedded within the body of an e-mail directly from Aperture?

I can send them as attachments, but Grandma doesn't like having to open each one up to look at it.

My current method requires me to edit and save the files as low res jpegs, open in preview, copy and past each one into the e-mail body....and it is a pain.

Any suggestions out there? I appreciate the help......

2. simply right click on the image, select output and then select email. It will paste the image in the body of the email and ask you for a recipient

3. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Thanks Dave...but when I do it, it shows up as an attachment...however, I am using Entourage and perhaps this is an Entourage question instead of an Aperture one....something tells me I amy be SOL using the MS product on a Mac....imagine that.

4. Apple's Mail always embeds them in the message when I export to email from Aperture, and most recipients, Mac or PC can see them that way, but some users with PCs can only see the photo as an attachment and I haven't quite figured out why. I have Mail set to generate new messages using "Rich Text". See if Entourage will let you change the format of new messages (rich text or html, if possible) - maybe that's it.

5. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    I just set Aperture to use Mail as the default e-mail client. I then set the Mail configuration to never get mail off the server....so it is kinda like having a dedicated mail client just for Aperture. Seems to work so far. Thanks for the input guys.....

BTW...I had Entourage set at HTML and it still set them up as attachments....

6. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    By default, Entourage does not use complex HTML for messages. That means you can't embed pictures. However, this support article may help you resolve your issue. I gave up on Entourage a long time ago, so I haven't tried it myself.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q274048/