Aperture Exposure Mode/Program Numbers?

Greetings,
Does anyone know how to translate the cryptic Exposure Mode and Exposure Program numbers in Aperture EXIF data in terms of in-camera settings -- specifically for the D80?

See replies in RAW processors tech forum

Please see my replies in the RAW processors tech forum. Readers Digest version: Aperture appears not to read the value from the camera. Using test shots from my D200 in Program, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority modes, Aperture shows a zero value for Exposure Mode in all 3 cases while Lightroom properly reports the relevant exposure setting.

regards

My D80 Aperture/EXIF numbers

OK, here are the modes associated with the EXIF numbers in Aperture for my D80.

Aperture Nikon Metadata Field Codes:

Exposure Program
0 Scene Modes
2 Full Auto
4 Shutter Priority
3 Aperture Priority
1 Manual

Metering Mode
5 Matrix
3 Spot
2 Center Weight

Why Aperture can not figure this out is beyond me.

Eugene

Check out the Apple Aperture forum

There are quite a few threads in the Apple Aperture forum about this. There is also a link to post comments and feature requests to Apple. If enough folks complain about this maybe Apple will fix it in a point release sometime before I'm ready for the assisted living facility.

I hope that it is a long time

There are quite a few threads in the Apple Aperture forum about this. There is also a link to post comments and feature requests to Apple. If enough folks complain about this maybe Apple will fix it in a point release sometime before I'm ready for the assisted living facility.
Well, it is my hope that you have a long and happy life before you are ready for the assisted living facility -- whether or not Apple figures out what to do with this simple task.

Enjoyed talking with you about this subject. I think that I have learned a little bit maybe.

Have a good day! :smile:

P

photoshooter

OK, here are the modes associated with the EXIF numbers in Aperture for my D80.

Aperture Nikon Metadata Field Codes:

Exposure Program
0 Scene Modes
2 Full Auto
4 Shutter Priority
3 Aperture Priority
1 Manual

Metering Mode
5 Matrix
3 Spot
2 Center Weight

Why Aperture can not figure this out is beyond me.

Eugene
That's terrific, where did you find this?

I just took some pictures

That's terrific, where did you find this?
Pretty simple. I just took a set of pictures, took notes of what the settings on the camera were, then observed the numbers that were displayed in Aperture.
Also so I wouldn't forget, I made a "stickie" of these numbers to display when I was running Aperture.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom