Aperture Exposure Mode/Program Numbers?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by StuckintheMud, May 11, 2007.

1. Greetings,
    Does anyone know how to translate the cryptic Exposure Mode and Exposure Program numbers in Aperture EXIF data in terms of in-camera settings -- specifically for the D80?

2. See replies in RAW processors tech forum

Please see my replies in the RAW processors tech forum. Readers Digest version: Aperture appears not to read the value from the camera. Using test shots from my D200 in Program, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority modes, Aperture shows a zero value for Exposure Mode in all 3 cases while Lightroom properly reports the relevant exposure setting.

regards

3. On a Xs it appears that Aperture is 0 and manual is 1, maybe?

4. My D80 Aperture/EXIF numbers

OK, here are the modes associated with the EXIF numbers in Aperture for my D80.

Aperture Nikon Metadata Field Codes:

Exposure Program
    0 Scene Modes
    2 Full Auto
    4 Shutter Priority
    3 Aperture Priority
    1 Manual

Metering Mode
    5 Matrix
    3 Spot
    2 Center Weight

Why Aperture can not figure this out is beyond me.

Eugene

5. Check out the Apple Aperture forum

There are quite a few threads in the Apple Aperture forum about this. There is also a link to post comments and feature requests to Apple. If enough folks complain about this maybe Apple will fix it in a point release sometime before I'm ready for the assisted living facility.

6. I hope that it is a long time

Well, it is my hope that you have a long and happy life before you are ready for the assisted living facility -- whether or not Apple figures out what to do with this simple task.

Enjoyed talking with you about this subject. I think that I have learned a little bit maybe.

Have a good day! :smile:

7. photoshooter

photoshooter Guest

That's terrific, where did you find this?

8. I just took some pictures

Pretty simple. I just took a set of pictures, took notes of what the settings on the camera were, then observed the numbers that were displayed in Aperture.
    Also so I wouldn't forget, I made a "stickie" of these numbers to display when I was running Aperture.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.